Announcement: Engrave-In 2010 dates

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am getting some e-mails asking if we are planning to do another Engrave-In and if so when. The first answer is yes, we are planning for number 5, and the dates are tied to the Blade Show in Atlanta which next year are 4-5-6 June.

That makes the Engrave-In dates 6-7-8 June, which is a Sunday -Tuesday.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to make it better, or ideas on who you would like to see do seminars and on what then fire away!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sounds great Scott!

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the idea that was batted around of doing an auction to help offset the costs.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I personally would like other people to bring castings of their work so we could have a big casting swap.

I took a batch of castings last year and did very well with them and I plan to bring more this year. I would also like to increase my casting collection of other peoples engravings so I would like to see others bring castings as well.

The casting swap would not have to be anything organized or formal. Just bring some castings and as you see other castings you like over the course of the event initiate a swap with that person.

Also, If anyone would do a demo on the vacuum or pressure casting techniques it would be helpful for those of us who have not done to improve the quality of our castings.

I also want to pick Amayak's brain this year on coining and making dies and pressing. I am wanting to try those techniques on some semi-production fly rod reel seats I am thinking about coming out with.

Ray

Sponsors