Engraved Flintlock

LRB

This is a flintlock I've been engraving. Almost done, still have to do frizzen. Thanks for looking, and I am open to any comments or critisism. This is hammer and chisel, no magnification.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice engraving on the lock. The nic and dot border looks good also. As an aside question.have you tried sparking the lock? The frizzen spring looks awfullyheavy. Nice style but looks like it might be very strong

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
LRB, nice design, not too fussy. looks to me like an early lock 1750's Jack Haugh maybe?
is this going on a Christians Spring gun?
Kent

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
Wick, are you still doing this without magnification???

LRB

Thanks Mr. Sam. Yes Cody, I am still without magnification. I am extremely nearsighted, although fully corrected with glasses. For some reason this condition allows me to see extremely well up close, about four inches, give or take a tad, with my glasses removed. With good light, I can see the pores in the palm of my hand. However magnification may be better.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very good, it is now in my e-collection of your work. And, thanks for the pics from "sea".

LRB

There are no federal restrictions on muzzle loaders. You can do what ever your local laws allow.

Latest posts

Sponsors