engraved oil can lid

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
Here are some photo of an oil bottle lid I just finished .. ron p

Last edited:

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hey thanks guys ..for all of your input ..

hi Michaelp.. no it wasn't nickel plated , it is just the raw steel that will be blued later .

hi Brian .. thanks again , your work is just fantastic also

hi Chris , i hope i still have it by time you get here, as you will see photos don't do it Justice .. this is a part of a set i am doing for colt .. no Chris i haven't started that big one yet , that will take about 3 years to complete, and many trips to the bank

thanks Pete
hey mike , thanks for your coments, no this was made from one piece of solid bar stock that was machined out ,

ron p

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Dwayne and Joe .. looking forward to the Blade show this year , I will be bringing the latest Colt with me for you guys to see and drool over .. whipping towels will be provided .. . but I cant bring the oil can , there is a dead line on completing it .. I will be with Robert Eggerlings table again .. see you at the show .. ron p

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Ron,

Just wanted to say thank-you for the opportunity to see this little oiler before you sent it out. The guy that makes these does an excellent job. If you have a chance, could you post his contact info?

also ... thank-you for the '73. I'm truly excited that you happened to have one .... now I've finally got a canvas for my project. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways!!

Chris

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Chris ,, it was nice to see you again , as soon as i get more info on the guy that makes the oil cans i will post it , he does a fantastic job on them , they are made from a solid stock of steel bar . and take care of that 73 it was had for me to give it up , but i do know it will be safe in your W.V. bunker and i know you will be doing an excellent engraving job on it , you must let me have visiting time with it when it is don't .. ron p.