ENGRAVER issue #78

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I wanted to let FEGA members know that issue #78 of the Engraver magazine is in the mail. Watch for it soon. As usual, Andrew outdid himself again!!
Also included in the magazine is an order form for the 2008 seminar set. This is the "pre-order" members only special price. Members can also log in and order online as well. I expect the first shipment to deliver in around 30 days. Individual DVDs and general sale of them will be around the same time.
And... for most of you it is renewal time! We are offering a little something "special" this year. For all members that renew with the form or online, we will send you a color FEGA lapel pin. If you would like more than one, they are available online as well.
Again, thank you Andrew for another fine job!

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
Rex,
Ya just reminded me again, that I really gotta re-new my membership in the FEGA......:) :)

Andrew Biggs

Thanks for that Rex

I'm just the guy that puts it all togeather for the printers.

What really "makes" the Engraver magazine is all the people that selflessley donate their considerable time, skill and effort with articles, photos, advertising and all the other bits and peices that go into it. Plus they all have to put up with me asking, begging, harrassing and reminding them of the deadlines.

There's some really good and quite exciting stuff coming up in future editions as well. Articles on design and layout by some of Americas top engravers. Also a spread on Clause Willig (from Germany) American Colt series. Some of his excellent photos I'm sitting on for that edition are just eye wateringly beautiful engravings all done with hammer and chisel. Weldon Lister's excellent series will continue on how to do sculptured engraving. Plus some really interesting bios on various engravers. Plus anything else that people care to donate or I can scrounge for publication.

The irony of it is........I'm the first to read it because by the time the magazine is ready for printing I've read every article about 20 times over.................then I'm one of the last to see it in printed form so I'm never exactly sure how it's turned out :)

Cheers
Andrew

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
I should have paid it in Reno. What was I thinking. So we can still just go to the fega site and use
pay-pal, right.

Jim

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes, Paypay can be used to renew or join.
Along with all the fun stuff Andrew does here, he spends a LOT of time begging people all over the world for fantastic articles for the ENGRAVER Magazine! He never sleeps!

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just got issue #78 of The Engraver" and it is another fine job by everyone involved. If you don't get this publication you are missing some great articles and photos of exceptionally fine work. I want to especially complement Weldon Lister on the outstanding SAA on the cover and his article on sculpted relief. This issue also shows pictures of the FEGA convention award winners some of which you have seen here.

Don Cowles

Elite Cafe Member
I'll add my kudos for the latest issue- I relished sitting down with it and reading every word. The photos, of course, are superb as always! A job well done, Andrew!

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Members,
I've thumbed the latest issue of Engraver.
But I'm saving it to read on my flight to Kansas for Steve Dunn's GRS engraving class next week.
Between the issues of Engraver and Free entry into the FEGA show in Reno the price of FEGA membership is well worth it. Highly recommend....
Take Care,
Stephen

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Great work

Andrew thanks for your dedication to the Engraver's Mag. It's quality is a reflectioin on you so you should be proud. I have been a member for about 6 months and the Mag has made the membership more than worth while.

Thanks

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
fegarex, could I get a copy and joining FEGA info please? I was a member years ago but stopped since I didnt engrave any guns. I would love to rejoin as I am going to be doing a Colt pistol this year. Thanks in advance.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim,
You can join online or print out an application by clicking here:
Member application
There is a sample newsletter PDF available for download on the front page of fega.com as well.
If you would like a printed copied mailed please e-mail me @ fega@fega.com and send me your mailing info.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just joined the other day and issue #78 was part of my initial packet. Since it's a quarterly I'd guess that you're still in luck if you join this month. ;)

I used the online application / PayPal.

Have to say I was a little surprised by how soon I got my packet - you guys are really keeping on top of things! :)

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve,
We never sleep!!
:)
Actually, we try to get the stuff out as soon as possible but our office help is part time so we really don't have a shipping department like Amazon but I try to stress speediness.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It usually takes around a week or 10 days depending on the mail load at the "home office". We are in the middle of renewals right now so I'm guessing our girl is working hard keeping up.
Thanks,
Rex