epson transparencies

mark 36

ON Mike Cirellis method for transferring DOES IT HAVE TO BE EPSON TRANSPARENCIES??? Those things are like 45.00 for 30 sheets. Just Curious!??

JCP

I will have to say I've tried everything and the Epson does work the best , and I mean BEST.
The others don't want to let the ink go.

I went to a web site called nextag.com and found mine for $25.00. Nextag does a search and list prices at many places.

I'm using the cirellis transfer liquid with Epson trans. #S041064 and HP printer with #56 black ink .

Amazon.com has them for $25.58 right now. Look under office supplies

Last edited:

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
I can tell you what works for me. It took me a while to make it work. I received a lot of good advice from people on this forum

I use 3M Transparency film for copiers PP2500. Black on clear no stripe. That's all I could find. Don't have a clue what black on clear no stripe means. I think I paid 25$ for 100 of them. I'm very happy with how it works. I use an HP 2210xi all in one printer. I print in Grey scale or black only.

After I make the transfer I wipe what's left of the ink off the transparency and use it over and over.

Now with that said, It seems most people have had great luck with epson transparencies and in many different
types of printers.

Might just be worth paying the extra $$ if you have a different printer than I.

Jeff

Jeff

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Mark,

I felt just like you about the Epson price so I tried everything under the sun first. Some wouldn't take the ink and ended up smearing no matter how long I let the paint dry. Others wouldn't let the ink go once it finally dried. I bought the Epson transparencies and they work like a charm every time. I try to print at the top of the page for smaller designs and then cut off that portion of the sheet. This way I can get several printings from a single transparency until the sheet is too short (about 4 inches tall before I have to start using a new sheet). Depending on your printer, you may have to tape whats left of the "used" transparency to a sheet of plain paper in order to reuse it. My 2 cents. I usually buy the Epson sheets from Amazon.
Good Luck!

Andrew Biggs

To get the most economical use try this.......................

1. Print to paper first (Make a mark on you paper so you know which way the paper feeds in)

2. Cut just enough transparancey to cover print.

3. Tape transparancy peice over paper print. Just a peice of tape across the top to hold in position (and no, it shouldn't block the printer)

4. Put back in printer (using the mark to make sure paper is feeding in the right way)

5. Print.........this time it will print in the same place but onto the transparancy instead of the paper.

Make sure you are printing in reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That way a sheet lasts for ages as you are only printing on the size you need. This way you can print down to small screw heads 1/4" small and only use a 1/2" of transparancy.

It works 100% of the time.........:)

Cheers
Andrew

Ozgraver

I'm using a HP 1120C printer with HP transparencies and it works perfectly every time.

I also print to paper first using the 'Draft' (fast) setting and when I've positioned a piece of transparency over the draft, I print a second time using 'Best' and 'Greyscale' settings.

I can usually get two clear transfers from the one transparency print.