Experience with Transparency Film?

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
There is a very slight difference in the look and texture of the two sides of the Fixxon transparency film. The package is marked with the "Print Side", but I would recommend clipping the upper right corner if the film when taking it out of the package to help identify the correct side to print on.

The film is used with an inkjet printer. I have a HP printer/scanner/copier (3512) that uses #61 inkjet cartridges. I take the color cartridge out, using only the black cartridge.

Also drawing on the film with a Pigma Micron pigment liner in black also gives a transfer.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Interesting info on the Fixxon paper Gary. Do you mind telling me what medium you use to transfer the ink from the film? Thanks in advance.

TallGary

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
On a very clean surface, - I wipe down with acetone -, coat it with one of the following and let dry.
Easiest to find - Sharpie permanent marker in yellow or lime green
Prismacolor marker in Blender or 40% Warm Grey - find at Hobby Lobby or Dick Blick
Damar varnish - about 25% in 99% alcohol wipe on with Q-tip

Align the image ink side down on your material and burnish the ink onto the transfer media with the burnishing tool of your choice.

Best of luck,
Gary

Latest posts

Sponsors