Face Masks

Brant

Elite Cafe Member
I do not want to get into an argument about staying safe and PPE. I just want to share something that came to me this morning.
It is impossible for me to find any N95 masks to wear when I have to go grocery shopping. This site grabbed me by it’s simple, economical approach to home-made face masks. I work as a Phlebotomist, and PPE is part of my professional life. This site made sense to me.
Check out” facemasks4all.co”
My wife and I are avid scuba divers. She wears a head band while diving to prevent her hair from tying itself in knots. With only the insertion of a folder paper towel, this head band is turned into a home made mask. Wash it in soapy water on your return home and you are good-to-go.
They can be found at: www.buffusa.com
This is just how I am trying to stay safe and hopefully healthy. I will not get into a debate about this, this is just a suggestion.

Brant Emery

Attachments

• 55C1C44B-C7DD-4AED-B951-D72F9F8A72CE.jpeg
    55C1C44B-C7DD-4AED-B951-D72F9F8A72CE.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 8ECCA1AC-281A-45E8-BD01-151410E11B16.jpeg
    8ECCA1AC-281A-45E8-BD01-151410E11B16.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 585F4951-E9C9-4A91-A01D-6C4902D7A37E.jpeg
    585F4951-E9C9-4A91-A01D-6C4902D7A37E.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 70

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Also be suspicious apparently there are some internet sites claiming to have N95s but are just phishing for you money and personal compromised information so says a doctor friend of mine!

JohnC

An excellent suggestion, I have been using an orange neck warmer I bought for hunting, from Kmart years ago. I never thought I would need one for every family member so they could walk around the neighborhood.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
A great face mask for wearing for extended periods is the Dust Bee Gone mask. It comes in 3 sizes, is washable, and lasts 3-4 years with appropriate care. It doesn't fog glasses. I have used it for years when turning and sanding wood--especially the exotics that are so harmful--because it captures very small particles. I have bearded friends that confirm that it works over beards. They are expensive ($40), but are cheap over the long haul and a lot more comfortable to wear than the normal n95 paint mask. Woodcraft normally carries them (check your local dealer if one is near you). I just ordered a medium one for my wife because my local Woodcraft was out of the medium size. While it is not meant for paint fumes, it does a fair job of limiting noxious fumes from chain saws. They are easy to wash clean. I keep several in my shop so I can have a clean one when I need to wash one and let it dry, plus a spare if someone comes to visit while I am working with wood. I just bought an extra for me and for my wife to keep in the car when we go to the grocery store during this event. I know that none of the masks can absolutely keep you from getting something from someone else, but wearing it makes folks a lot more helpful if you need to ask a question, like WHEN WILL THE TOILET PAPER ARRIVE! I found out today that Lowe's is sending all their mask allotment to hospitals. Great job, Lowe's!

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
Here is another option to consider ... This is manufactured by Miller Welding and is small and compact designed to fit under an arc welding helmet ... at 99.7% filtration the P100 filter element is actually an even more efficient filter than the N95 filter. Previously, I have been using one when welding / grinding ... now I put it on when I go out shopping. Additionally, it can be sprayed with alcohol to sanitize mask/housing at end of use. Image 4-4-20 at 8.05 AM.jpeg

pkroyer

With everyone wearing face masks, it is a good thing that bank lobbies are mostly closed. If not there could be some awkward situations.

Doctorslava

We had an old sewing machine and started making some. My daughter works as a medical assistant. She asked us to make for her. After making few other people asked her to make as well. Sewing machine broke but I fixed it (I can fix everything :)). Daughter's son goes to kindergarten and teachers there asked for masks as well. Now we make 3,4,5 masks daily. I am not sure it helps, but people are happy and less stressed. It is also important.

dms

thought about getting a pampers type diaper and put it on my head, then have the wife take a picture and post on facebook. Tell the readers it even comes with ready made eye holes, then i thought about the poor little kids. they would probably sell out like toilet paper does....

JohnC

thought about getting a pampers type diaper and put it on my head, then have the wife take a picture and post on facebook. Tell the readers it even comes with ready made eye holes, then i thought about the poor little kids. they would probably sell out like toilet paper does....
snicker-snicker;~)

Latest posts

Sponsors