FEGA Convention this January..Buying a gun?

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone,
During the FEGA convention I am hoping to purchase a gun or possibly two, rifle for sure, at one of the other shows Beinfeld and the shot show. The big question, are the "deals" at these shows actually better than GunBroker or buying from a local store? Im looking for a new Winchester 1873 Blued with 24" Oct BRL or possibly a Colt Commander.

Anyone have experience with this?

Don Curtis

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Don
The Beinfield show is an antique gun show and the Shot Shot is for dealers with an FFL.
I think you would be best going to a local dealer for what you are looking for as neither of these guns are what you would call collectibles and can be had off the so called shelf.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you very much. It appears I had bad info,
that many dealers had new stock to sell as well.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Donny,
I believe you can order and purchase a shotgun from Connecticut Arms or a new rifle from Sharps Company at the Beinfeld show.
And there are some excellent Custom Gunmaker's who attend the Firearms Engravers of America portion of the show that can be contacted about a rifle for engraving.
Look forward to meeting you at the show.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Donny,
I believe you can order and purchase a shotgun from Connecticut Arms or a new rifle from Sharps Company at the Beinfeld show.
And there are some excellent Custom Gunmaker's who attend the Firearms Engravers of America portion of the show that can be contacted about a rifle for engraving.
Look forward to meeting you at the show.

Thank you, John. I will make it a point to stop by and introduce myself.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Yes, Purdy, H&H and the like...seems about half the Win. lever guns ever made are on display at Beinfeld. Who knows, you might find something ever better upon which to engrave!

The Winchesters would be more in my "economic wheelhouse" :) Purdy and H&H are fine guns but I work for uncle sam :(

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Donny
The new Winchester’s are made in Japan , and are of excellent quality.
Older USA made pre 64 are still for sale just remember they made millions of them, after 64 to some the quality went down, and then the company was sold and revented several times. YMMV

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Forgot to mention post 64 to around the 80’s cannot be reblued, they turn a purple/red plum color, in that period the guns were made of some secret mishmetal and iron plated. Good luck

Sponsors