FEGA Magazine Awards at Reno

Andrew Biggs

As you all can gather by now the FEGA show at Reno was quite an experience. As the editor of the FEGA Engraver Magazine it was also my great pleasure at the General Meeting to give out the “Editors Choice†awards/certificates for articles submitted for publication in 2007.

It’s not easy deciding who gets these sorts of things as all the articles were first rate and it would be nice to give everyone a certificate for their wonderful contributions to the magazine. In the end four articles were chosen for their depth and insight. So congratulations go to………………….

Weldon Lister…...Issue#75. Raised Steel Inlay
Marty Rabeno……Issue#75. Anatomy of an Engraving
Francis Heuse….. Issue #76. Learning to Engrave in Liege Belgium
Diane Scalese……Issue#76. Western Bright Cut Engraving

To everyone that has contributed articles and photos I would like to extend my own personal thanks for the time and effort that you put into writing them. It is you that make the magazine what it is.

I know from personal experience that it’s not an easy thing to do and requires quite a considerable amount of time, effort and thought. The FEGA members and complimentary subscribers certainly appreciate reading the articles and learn a lot from them. The articles and photos also further the art of engraving as a whole. Tools, techniques, art, design, business, philosophy, lifestyle and ideas all add to the mix that we call engraving.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

• Editors_Award.jpg
    Editors_Award.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 67

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Of course we all must thank Andrew himself as well for doing a SUPER job of editor! He has a nice way of "pushing" the members to do great articles. Thanks Andrew and ALL that contributed to the Engraver!

And speaking of awards...
During the annual member meeting there were 2 President's Awards presented. These are given to members that have gone the "extra mile" over the years to help FEGA.

Mike Bissell and Ray Phillips were presented this year's awards.

Mike has been somewhat the "home office" for many years for FEGA and does many jobs behind the scenes to assist me and FEGA as well as getting everything ready for the FEGA display each year.

Ray Phillips has been a fixture of FEGA for as long as I can remember. He has quietly promoted FEGA all these years and has helped many members during that time. I'm guessing the vast majority of members must have some of Ray's tools on their bench.

Thank you both for helping make FEGA great!

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
congratulations:
Weldon, Marty, Francis, Diane. great articles!

Mike
Ray, thanks for your contributions.

And I want to say that Kudos also goes to the Board of directors and officers of the guild. I don't think many know of the magnitude of energy that goes to make the guild work. Having held a position for ten years early on, I have a slight bit of knowledge in that area, and it has grown magnanimously since then. These guys do this on a voluntary basis. Some of the jobs are huge challenges in logistics and time, and it breaks into their money making time. So, be kind to them and try to understand when something goes wrong. Thanks guys, gals, and officers for your involvement and help in whatever capacity. However small or large your contribution, it is all important. They have been good years. The guild is strong and effective.........Ron S

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
You are so right as usual Mr.Ron.
The unpaid work that the FEGA board members do on our behalf is a remarkable gift to all engraving.
Just for one, the work that David Clevenger did this year as the FEGA side of the auction was monumential.
He and Bruce Farnham from ACGG do a wonderful job in collecting, cataloging and moving all the auction and raffle item that are so important to the raising of money to defray the costs of our joint Reno exhibition.
Thank you to all the Board members of both Guilds and to Miss Jan for your efforts on our behalf.
You gave us another Reno Love-Inn of treasured memories.
Best, John B.