Question: Fingerprint

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
I was recently contacted to engrave the fingerprint of a Friends dead grandmother. Has anyone engraved something or can someone give me some advice about how to do this?
David

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
David, do you have access to the finger? If you do I could offer some technical stuff.
Kevin P.

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
When I was teaching the engraving program at ESU I had a student who did all her fingerprints as a final project. She did them on copper plates and then mounted them in two rows in a frame It was interesting. Ashton Ludden a former student of mine at ESU, later did this pendant.

Here is a link to what you are doing Featured Photos > 2007 Archives > An Engraved Legacy of Love / Ashton Ludden

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Chris, Tira and Kevin. That was very informative. No the finger was cremated so I will need to hope the funeral home took a good print. I'll post a pic when I am finished.
David

LahtiM39

I engraved a customer's thumbprint on an Anschutz trigger guard. I had the client lightly ink his thumb and apply it to a white piece of paper. He e-mailed it to me and I scanned and cleaned it up. It made an acceptible transfer and engraved well. Plan on cutting a zillion lines!

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thank You for your responses, if anyone is looking for some extra work apparently the funeral homes are offreing this srevice I will see the pamflet Thursday and get all of the details.

Latest posts

Sponsors