Finished buckle set from tutorial

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like that circuit best. They have some good rodeos. Even the smaller rodeos are nice like Angels Camp and Sonora. Everybody seemed to be more social in Ca. Santa Maria, Clovis, Red Bluff etc. were all good rodeos. I think what I liked about those rodeos is they for the most part had longer scores and you could really get rolling down the arena. The longer scores weeded out a lot of guys also. I never was one to catch one out front and need to be 3.

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Yep them big old furry footed horses up north can buck, I was used to these little southwest horses and when ya got in trouble you could just get ahold of them and pull there heads up a little get your seat back and go on, The first time i did that up north i got up off the ground with horse tracks up my back wondrin what the hell!! LOL
And you are right Leanoard those Cal. Rodeos were allways fun and i enjoyed makin that circle!
Steve

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There is a little frost on the ground here this morning. You make me smile Steve. Remember how sore you could get? Thankfully I grew too big to ride bucking horses. When I was a kid I had a Hamley saddle. We had an indoor arena on the farm and got bucked off quite a few in the winter. I just seemed to hurt twice as much when it was cold. As far as the bareback riding, I had no desire to have my arm jerked off while my hand was wedged in a rigging. I am just not that tough! What are you guys working on today?

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
OHH yeah i remember....Im with ya on those bareback horses,no desire at all.....Im workin on a las cruces cheeked bit, gunna put the mouth peice in it today i think.
What are you up to today?

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Make sure and post pics of the bit. It would even be nicer if you would post them as you were making it. I will show my true A D D behavior today. I will work on some horseshoe earrings, engrave on that saddle silver, work on a horseshoe nail\sapp. ring and work on some earrings. They all will need to go out tomorrow afternoon. Looks like the saddle silver will not get completed. But I know the customer, he always says that he needs it early. Oh yea, 4 sapp. rings. Went til just after midnight last night. Will be later tonight. I will take the earrings to Whitefish Mt. on friday and get the store lined up for their X-Mas order. My cousins have a condo at Baypoint and we will do some family time this weekend.

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Sounds like a busy week....i have 2 pair of spurs i need to start to. Ill take some pictures as i go along....Im about half afraid to show everybody how backwards i do stuff tho lol.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well the first round of farmers just left. They drank plenty of coffee. I find it good for engraving because it occupies your mind when you listen to their conversation. On a lighter note, I would like to post more pictures but after looking at the work that is shown on this forum I am embarrassed with my work. I need way LESS pixels when I upload my pics. It will be nice to see your spur pics. as the spurs are being made.

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Haraga,
There is another forum you might be interested in. It is: http//www.bitsandspurs.freeforums.org
Steve, bitmaker, myself, and a few other of these guys are members. We could use your company over there.
Stewart

Last edited: