First timer

A few weeks ago, I returned my 10 year old Gravermax to GRS for reworking and at that time I ordered a new handpiece and several other things. During my conversations with Lynda Schreck at GRS, she recommended that I visit this site and just wander around. Since then, I have read and reread so many of the posts, and questions and answers, looked at photos and really just marveled at the creative work I have seen, and have been amazed by the amount of information all of you share. I have been attempting to engrave the knives I make for several years, and while I have had some success, the work I've seen here has made me wonder if i should try knitting or something. Thank you all for your generosity and willingness to share.
I will attempt to attach a photo of a knife I recently finished. The blade is Damasteel (stainless damascus) and the pattern is Odin's Eye. The engraving was done before heat treating and then protected with clear lacquer during the etching phase. The handle is a Sperm Whale's tooth with some Ebony, Cocobolo and nickle silver spacers. I fully understand that my engraving in not near what I have seen from all of you, but I will continue to try. Your tips and comments are certainly appreciated, and I will be a regular reader if not contributor.

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
James, There are a few or more here that are not true engravers but we're trying. And with the gracious help and generosity of numerous outstanding engravers/artists that help here on this awesome forum we will someday become engravers. Hang in there and keep chipp'n away, you'll get there. Glad you've joined in, look forward to seeing your work, another knifemaker, Dwayne

Sponsors