Fogarizzu knife

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Rich. Yep, it's always good to have a back up career in case I can't hack it as an engraver :)

Hi Tony, I seldom take any WIP's. Once I get focused in on what I am doing, I don't think to stop and take pics. Then if I do remember to stop and take some pics, I have a hard time getting back into the flow.

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Brian, amazing work.
Just curious, did you work from photos or drawings and if drawings did you do them from photos.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Brian,Stunning you really got my attention with the detail in the Victoria's Secert lingerie.Keep up the good work. J.J.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I found photos that was kind of the pose I wanted, but then redrew the pose to better fit the knife bolster. I do a lot of Frankensteining. I find multiple pictures with attributes that I like, face, body position, etc. to use for reference. I then start from a basic stick figure and start adding mass and structure and just keep building the drawing into the final result. It usually takes me about 7-8 drafts to get the finished product.

Thanks again all for the kind words. B.

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat: :thumbsup:WOW:thumbsup: is the first sound I can make!! Really fantastic work, Brian! My sincere congratulations, greetings, Paulie:beerchug:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is an exquisite knife and your engraving is so good it is easy not to notice the knife! The faces look exceptionally good and the art is fantastic. Those gold scroll borders are beautifully done also.

Thanks for showing it.

Latest posts

Sponsors