Foot control

Meshach

I'd be interested if you find anything, I looked myself for a while but ended up giving up on finding one for sale and I designed and made one myself..
Steve Lindsay makes one for his hand-tools but I don't think he sells them by themselves.
you CAN get a very small amount of modulation from some of the inexpensive china made ones but nothing worth really making note of..

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
France (north of Alsace, close to Germany)
Faced with a similiar challenge, I made a pedal that uses a simple two-lever-gear and just gradually opens a squeezed-shut silicon hose to provide a finely controllable bleed valve.

please excuse my German…

No drawing or plans are available, as I made after some coarse estimations on the fly. I used it for some years and replaced it by a mor refined version of the same mechanics.

Cheers

Ralf

Meshach

I love the simplicity of this design Ralf! Far easier than what I came up with.
I have been wanting to make a foot control with a ball bearing and seat valve for a while but now I want to try something like this when I get the time, the beauty of simplicity..

Flatsguide

Thanks guys. I may have to wind up making my own. Steve Lindsay has not responded to my email about his foot pedal….hope he’s OK!
cheers Richard

pkroyer

Just thought of this, I use a GRS Sytem 3 foot control to control air to high speed air grinders like the NSK presto. Seems to work well for me.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't understand the problem. With my Lindsay foot control, I can modulate the speed by lightly depressing the pedal progressively. You don't have to nail it wide open.

Meshach

I don't understand the problem. With my Lindsay foot control, I can modulate the speed by lightly depressing the pedal progressively. You don't have to nail it wide open.
yes exactly, the Lindsay foot control gives so much modulation and control but most pneumatic foot pedals that can be found for sale only allow an on/off function with very little modulation in-between. so if you want to put a similar modulating foot control onto an air rotary tool or other tool that you have there very few options available..

Latest posts

Sponsors

FEGA