Critique Request Fresh of the bench...tarot pendant

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Finished this 304 stainless pendant today. This was inspired by the devil card used in tarot. So it has nothing to do with anything demonic, hahaha.
Tried something new with the background, but I feel the pattern could have been much smaller(I was affraid it would be too busy). It was an absolute nightmare to cut in the hard stainless. I think the cuts would have been cleaner if they had been smaller. These were cut in multiple passes, so I wouldn't break a tip on every cut.

Feel free to rip it apart, so I can learn from the mistakes I am not catching myself, hahaha.

Marc 20230514_213804.jpg

Last edited:

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Finished this 304 stainless pendant today. This was inspired by the devil card used in tarot. So it has nothing to do with anything demonic, hahaha.
Tried something new with the background, but I feel the pattern could have been much smaller(I was affraid it would be too busy). It was an absolute nightmare to cut in the hard stainless. I think the cuts would have been cleaner if they had been smaller. These were cut in multiple passes, so I would break a tip on every cut.

Feel free to rip it apart, so I can learn from the mistakes I am not catching myself, hahaha.

Marc View attachment 51349
Great piece! Getting a strong deco vibe from the scrollwork. Very cool!

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
To me the best part of the skull is the fact its facing upward and kind of smiling. Looking back at someone looking at it. Makes it more terrifying.

Allan

Davesobel

Overall I think it looks great. And I agree about the background. I think it would have looked good to have it small enough that it kind of shimmers and doesn’t compete with the foreground.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Overall I think it looks great. And I agree about the background. I think it would have looked good to have it small enough that it kind of shimmers and doesn’t compete with the foreground.
They look huge in the picture...hahaha. In hand...they shimmer like crazy though. Smaller would have been better, but I think mostly because the cuts would have been soooo much easier. It does compete a bit though, so that's true for sure

azarel444

This looks amazing. I have some stainless pendant blanks i got from amazon that did not state what type of steel they are. Needless to say i can barely do anything but cut very shallow lines into it. They are stamping blanks but are so hard they break every graver tip ive tried on them. Super frustrating.

Latest posts

Sponsors