From Reno

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Good morning to all Cafe friends.
Sorry, I will have to leave picture posting to others when we all have better internet access available.
The banquet, auction and prize presentation were held last night and then followed by an informal musical jam session by Sam and Abigail Alfano, Rod Cameron, Ron Smith and Fred Bowen.
This went on past midnight so we are all a little bleary eyed this morning.
It was Abigail’s birthday but she gifted us with her beautiful voice and playing as did the others.
The main Guild prizes went this way to the best of my memory.
Ron Smith won Engravers Choice and also best rifle.
Lee Griffiths won for best shotgun and several other things.
Brian Hochstrat and Ron Nott were also major winners for their fine efforts.
I’m sure to me forgetting other winners as it’s early morning here and I just rolled out of bed looking for a jolt of coffee to kick start another day of fun and friends.
Please forgive me for anyone I have forgotten to mention as I’m still half asleep.
Andrew Biggs, Sam and other will do a much more complete report soon I’m sure.
We all missed seeing Tira and some of our other friends, but maybe next year?
Best regards for now.

John B.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for taking the time to keep the rest of us up to date. The wife and I had planned on attending, then our daughter announced wedding plans for August. Next year is looking good. Hope all had a great time. Oh, Happy Birthday to Abbey..........
E

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh, SO MUCH to say, too little time to do it. I just came up to my room after the last day of a GREAT show!
There were 120 FEGA members give or take a couple that attended this year! There was more live music tonight and tomorrow is some killer seminars.
I'm sure photos will follow soon once everyone can have a spare minute!

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the update,
I sure would of liked to have attend this year. I am heavily involved in air racing so I've already use up my Reno trip for a 12 month period... Can't wait to see pictures.. My family and I will be attending the show next year.

Dennis

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Early morning Monday after closing a great show full of marvels of engraving art.
Last night was given over to some fine mealtime get togethers followed by more song and laughter with the same talented musical group of friends.
The seminars start at 8am so just time to clean up and meet with many friends for breakfast.
Sleep is in short supply around here but is replaced with fun, laughter and fellowship.
'Bye for now, more later. John B.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Most people will probably be traveling home today. We're lucky they have made the time to tell us as much as they have given the frenetic pace of these events. :)

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I got to meet Brian H. in Elko at the cowboy poetry gathering.The wonderful santa barbara spade bit won first place and best of show.We were STARSTRUCK with the beautiful Colt and had a wonderful time with Brian and his lovely bride,what a great team they are!!!!I only wish that I had enough time to come to Reno to see all the beautiful engraving there too. Maybe next year!!

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
To all members and Christiaan.
I have removed this post as my wording was not in keeping with the happy, helpful and friendly place that this Cafe provides for us. Sorry about that.

Best regards to all, John B.

Last edited:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Hi Silverchip ( Dave )

I wish I could have joined you and Brian in Elko but the weather was a little tough for us so we just headed home after the Reno show and forums.
Would have been an added treat to see some of your beautiful work, maybe next year.

Take care, best, John B.

Latest posts

Sponsors