FULL coverage 1911

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
My client has worked closely with me on this project for about the last four months. It has been his vision and my execution. Any space that could fit some engraving - got it, including the back of the hammer, the muzzle, bottom of the safety levers. I had to say no to the inside of the trigger guard.

The stainless steel in the slide was as hard as anything I ever hope to engrave again. Thank goodness, there were no images to put on it. I have sympathy for those who have discussed working these hard stainless slides lately.

DSC02036-2.jpg DSC02037-23_edited-1.jpg

Very cool design,beautiful execution. I particularly like the designs on the slide stop and safety. Do you anneal these before engraving? also I have gold plated a few full guns. I use the riogrande pen plater attached to my rectifier and apply over electroless nickel that I do myself. I was wondering how you do your and if you had any tips that would help me along the process. Thanks. Randy J.

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My client has worked closely with me on this project for about the last four months. It has been his vision and my execution. Any space that could fit some engraving - got it, including the back of the hammer, the muzzle, bottom of the safety levers. I had to say no to the inside of the trigger guard.

The stainless steel in the slide was as hard as anything I ever hope to engrave again. Thank goodness, there were no images to put on it. I have sympathy for those who have discussed working these hard stainless slides lately.

View attachment 43622 View attachment 43623
just amazing work (and vision!)

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks to everybody and Amen to Brant.

I feel guilty that I am excited about it being done and it's on it's journey back to the owner (shouldn't I feel like one of my children is leaving home for good?)

Randolfengraving - I haven't done any plating as of yet (this gun is stainless steel) so I can't really be of assistance. Good luck with it though.

Thank you,

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Very cool design,beautiful execution. I particularly like the designs on the slide stop and safety. Do you anneal these before engraving? also I have gold plated a few full guns. I use the riogrande pen plater attached to my rectifier and apply over electroless nickel that I do myself. I was wondering how you do your and if you had any tips that would help me along the process. Thanks. Randy J.
What solution and how do you apply your electroless nickel please.
Would appreciate hearing about your methods if you don't mind sharing.
I have done a lot of pen plating and pen nickle undercoat plating but no electroless nickel.

wdale.bass

View attachment 43622 View attachment 43623
Very nice execution of this style!

davesa

What an awesome accomplishment - it looks amazing and the new owner will love it. The pictures were amazing. Thanks for posting so we could see.

Latest posts

Sponsors