Critique Request Gen.Lee

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
1) Yes, the picture came through.

2) May be your first post but I'm thinking that is not your first coin - very nice!

Engraving is really advancing my artistic skills but it's kind of like something being able to claim they've doubled without having to note that now they have 2.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
what is this ? a coin, ivory, bone ? unable to tell from the foto. looks good, but cant tell what the mtl. is

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
Gen. Lee

Dave,Lookin good,is that portrait of Gen Lee going to whined up on the shop wall of a gentleman by the name of Ken? :big grin: J.J.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Chef David! Lookin' good man! My only critique may not be valid. It looks like you need more definition in the forehead area. Now, it may just be that the photo washed out that part of the engraving. Whatever, your work is getting exceptional and I want to see some of it on a firearm soon!

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very Good! There is also

One more less known horse.

By the way, Dave great engraving of Robert E. Lee. You also make great spare ribs too!

The name of the other horse was Lucy Long.

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
Dave,No way I can't beleave Ken did'nt talk you out of that beautiful engraving of Gen. Lee.:big grin: J.J.

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
JJ --- I didn't even try to talk David out of it as it was a commissiond piece. There is more detail than meets the eye --- picture just doean't show it. However, I'd be proud to own it !

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
David, very well done. Next I'll expect a portrait of General Grant for us dang Yankees. ;~)