Goose Print Prize.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Ron Smiths generous gift of the goose print arrived in the mail yesterday and I could hardly wait to open it.

Thank you so much Ron, it’s even more beautiful than I could imagine from the little picture posted on the Café forum.

Your artistry really captured the watchful pride and concern in the parent’s eye as the baby goslings took their first swim.
You sure know how the capture the feeling of the action in your art.
I can almost hear the drumming of a dragonfly’s wings over the pond on a lazy morning.

Andrew, as the other winner of the million Café visitor date contest, wait till yours arrives in New Zealand.
You have a treat in store even beyond your expectations.

Through a little digging I have found out that Ron still has these art prints for sale.
I have some of his earlier prints too, now out of print and collector items.
As Andrew and I were the lucky winners some of the less fortunate entrants in the contest might like to buy one anyway.

Without wanting to embarrass Ron, I'll let these folks know that my source tells me that they are currently available as hand signed copies for a very reasonable $35.00, plus $5.00 shipping and handling.
That’s very little cost for a lifetime treasure if you want to treat yourself or a loved one.

You might send Ron a PM through the forum for the details if you are interested.
Or you can go to the FEGA forum, www.fega.com and click on “Engravers and Photos†on the left side, click on “FEGA Certified Professionals†and click on Ron Smith to see his address if you want to send an order and payment directly to him.

Best wishes to all, John B.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks John for the kind words and the support. Appreciate it! I hope you enjoy the print for many years to come. It was fun to do the contest.................Ron S

Andrew Biggs

Hi John

Sounds fantastic. Mine should be here any day now as the international mail is pretty quick. The first stop is going to be the picture framers. Then the living room wall, next to the Grand Masters apron you sent me.

Ron.... I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

Cheers
Andrew

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Hi Andrew,
You have a real treat in store for you soon when yours arrives in New Zealand.
But be sure not to hang it upside down!!!!
In the northern hemisphere the goose heads are meant to go at the top.
Best, John

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

My print arrived today..................

I second everything John B said about it. A truley is a wonderful print. And yes, If I stand on my head it's the right way up!!! I would encourage anyone thinking of getting one to do so. To have a limited edition print by one of Americas leading engraving artists at such a reasonable price is a treasure indeed.

Ron................Thank you so much for this. A very generouse gift that has found a good home. It is absolutley beautiful and thank also for the very kind note on it. Really appreciated.

Best wishes
Andrew

Last edited:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
I knew you would love this print, Andrew.
We were both lucky to win this contest and beautiful prize, thanks to Ron.
Now, just make sure that the frame shop puts the little hanger thingy on the right side and you should be able to enjoy it without standing on your head.
Bye the way.
How DO you stand on your head????
I can't get my foot to reach that far around !!!
Silly time.....need more coffee.
Best, John.

Latest posts

Sponsors