GraveMach AT Problems

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
I went on vacation. Just started my Graver Mack AT. Palm control 1&2 worked fine before now neither work? Foot throttle works fine.

Any idea of a fix w/o sending unit in?

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
I went on vacation. Just started my Graver Mack AT. Palm control 1&2 worked fine before now neither work? Foot throttle works fine.

Any idea of a fix w/o sending unit in?
Check your compressor air pressure. Try turning it down a bit, and if that doesn't work, up a bit.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Airtact is a VERY delicate system, with a VERY narrow 'margin of error', operating on just a smidgen of the total air volume & pressure. Your handpieces may have just 'seized up' a bit from disuse and need cleaned. Or try giving them a firm rap on a block of wood on each end to break them loose.

I have a Mitutoyo dial indicator that will seize if I don't use it for a long time. It takes a sharp rap on the end of the stem to free it up, then it's fine.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for both suggestions. When GM AT is set for AT they will "knock" and can be regulated but will not work. When GM AT is set for foot throttle handpieces work fine.

No problems with handpieces or air pressure.

Problem (I think) is within the switching device for the AT/Foot control.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks - I think if I turned it harder it would break. Got a call into Rex Peterson for help.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Just to catch folks on the saga. Rex is the man! Rex figured out the location of the problem. AT is now up to speed and working like it was designed to work. Thanks Rex!

Latest posts

Sponsors