GRS tools forum?

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Otto, I don't know of any other GRS tool specific forum - but this forum us open to all tool discussions.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't understand the need for a GRS forum when you can talk about anything right here. I enjoy the mix here. I don't understand why there has to be a specific place if you use a specific tool not that it's wrong if that floats a persons boat fine and dandy.
But The Engravers Cafe is a fine example of free speech. If you have something you don't like about any tool all you have to do is spit it out politely of course.
Curious Otto what is it you need to know about GRS tools I'm sure someone here can answer it.
Mike

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I could see where it may be useful to have a place where technical questions about GRS products could be addressed.

I would think if someone on this forum didn't have the answer there are people such as JB at Glendo that can be reached by calling their service line though.

I think the intent of Steve Lindsay's forum was to provide that service without Steve having to personally address each issue since he is a one man operation.

Peter

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Otto: To my knowledge GRS doesn't sponsor any forum. There are many Cafe members who use their tools and will glady help you with questions (myself included), and as Peter said, JB Taylor at GRS is the company wizkid (800-835-3519).

Cheers / ~Sam

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree with you Sam. The last thing I for one want is an 'us and them' situation.

Tool discussions are fun and educational from the view points of both camps. But what is important is the work we turn out not the tools in themselves. They are just a means to an end and we should not get bogged down with the politics and evangelism which often seems to go hand in hand with what tools we decide to use.

Personally, I use GRS equipment because I like it, plain and simple but I hold nothing against users of Air Graver or the work they produce ........providing it's good work of course, LOL. A GRS users only forum....nah! This one is really good and makes me feel I'm making friends worldwide.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Many of the GRS instructors participate here - freely and of their own accord. To name a few besides Mr. Alfano... Diane Scalese, Scott Pilkington, Lee Griffiths, Ron Smith, Chris DeCamillis, Rick Eaton, Rex Pedersen, Marty Rabeno, just to name a few. I didn't compare the entire list, but it's a good showing. :)

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hmmm, I see Rex Pederson, Lee Griffiths, Marty Rabeno, Rick Eaton, Ron Smith, Professor Chris DeCamillus and of course myself, (the senior instructor at GRS*) posting pretty regularly on here. Some of the others pop in from time to time as well, but some of them, I know their internet access is limited by their location.

*in terms of years teaching, not in age... in that category, i'm actually the youngest! maybe best looking too... ha!

Latest posts

Sponsors