Hand drawn monograms reworked on computer.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
The doctors at Mayo say I have an 80% chance at triple by pass surgery. Then I'll be able to engrave these babies.

The trouble with my draw program is its pixel orented and the pictures detereate over time. I'm playing around with Coral Draw but tryel time is almost out might have to purchas it.

Jim Sackett

OldEnglishMonogram.JPG

pappy

Elite Cafe Member
Jim,
My Dad was 79 and in really bad shape. He had a quadruple bypass surgery and an open heart valve repair. He is doing very well, his rehab took about 4 1/2 months. God willing, you will do fine! I am going to get a rotator cuff repair on April 8th. Looking forward to see your designs cut when you get back.
pappy

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Jim: In most situations, crossing a wide part of a letter over another wide part produces undesirable results. I would suggest trying to avoid that. You'll get a much neater, cleaner job if you do.

Best of luck to you with your surgery, should you require it.

Cheers / ~Sam

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a neat feature in corel is called the envelope tool. it allows one to tweak a monogram just a bit to fit more appropriately in spaces of certain shapes. try this tool, it is cool !

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My suggestion would be to keep your surrounding ornamentation less significant, It is confusing your lettering a bit, with possibly flared cuts for accent. Very fine lines are all you need for balance and maybe just a little more boldness on your dominant letter and less on the others. And here is another idea. You can make your dominant letter in a crosshaded texture in the same style, rather than the similar cuts for all letters. This would tend to seperate the letters visually, but these are just alternate treatments of monograms.

Ron S

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors