Hand tremors

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i had right hand tremor as well as a head tremor. i found engraving to be near impossible. i underwent dbs ( deep brain stim) it eliminated both tremors. in my case, two electrodes were implanted in my thalamus as well as a 2-channel pulse generator in my chest wall. sounds scsrry but it really went very well. a neurologist first determines if your'e a candidate. i would recommend the procedure for anyone having tremors. good luck, dave.
ps: if you have questions about this, send me a pm.

BCan

monk

Staff member
as b can mentioned, there's other less troubling issues that can cause tremors. perhaps i came off a bit strong and scarry when i responded to dave.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to all for the info,Monk glad I workEd out for you sounds scary.
Guess I will have to see the Doc

monk

Staff member
Thanks to all for the info,Monk glad I workEd out for you sounds scary.
Guess I will have to see the Doc
dave: i assure you the procedure is far less of a pain than most all would fear. i spent an evening in the hospital after the procedure. just for observation. i went home by 2pm the next day. i forgot to mention-- a 2 week waiting period is usually needed before "tuning" the frequency needed to counter the abnormal nerve firings.

diane b

:::Pledge Member:::
Hi Dave, my husband has what is called an essential tremor. This means that it occurs only when he is trying to use his hand such as writing or using a fork at dinner, using a salt shaker, holding onto the steering wheel of the car, etc. If he holds his hand in front of him palm down towards the floor, there is no tremor. It only occurs when he is focused on using his hand in some activity. He does not have this tremor at rest. His father and grandfather had this as well. If this is what you are experiencing, try botox in the wrist flexors and extensors (the muscles in the forearm.) It works wonderfully for my husband. It eliminated the tremor. You have to have injections every three months and insurance will pay for it. The deep brain stem implant that Monk described was offered to my husband as an option, but he did not want to do that. Of course the botox injections need to be done by a doctor - my husband's injections were done by a neurosurgeon. Before the injections he could not write at all. After the injections, he was back to normal. Hope this helps. - diane