Harley Pendant

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
This is a piece I did after taking Blain Lewis's class at GRS several years ago.

Attachments

• Website stuff 015.jpg
    Website stuff 015.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 245

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks like a LOT of work went into that pendant. I would guess the recipient was VERY happy with it.

Nice design and layout.

Peter

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice work David. Blain is a very talented guy to learn from. Was the whole item pierced, engraved, and set or was some casting involved.

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thank-You very much.
The center Bar and Shield was cast and the rest was pierced and diamonds bead set around the heart. There is a gallery and a pierced back with engraving, but I refuse to put photos of my early engraving out there. Thanks again for the compliments.

david

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Let me tell ya'll a story...
A few years ago I bought a pawnshop in Florida with the jewelry and fixtures in place...
My Son and an employee ran the shop...
To the best of what they remembered a customer came into the shop and ask if we had any Nike charms, and we had a few we had bought or pawned with some of the jewelry over time...
Some pawnshops were just called and ask if they had any Nike charms...
Sometime later we got a letter from an attorney that said he repersented Nike with all the court papers that said we were in vilotion of trademark laws...
He ask for $2500.00 not to take us to court...
At the time we belonged to the Florida Pawnbrokers Assocition and they had a lawyer in St. Pete that helped with some problems pawnbrokers have with various matters...
This same Preditor lawyer contacted quite a number of the pawnshops in Florida with the same proposition to not prosecute the matter from $2500 to over $10,000...
Nike and some other companys has or never has authorised production or reproduction of ther trademark...
To the point... If you advertise a reproduction of a trademark you are on hollow ground...
We ended with the assocition lawyer charging us $250.00 becaused we closed the pawnshop...
Just be careful what you reproduce and advertise to sell or .......
Predator Lawery are everywhere...
Spelling and Me!!!
JL Seymour

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Interesting story JL. Something that could easily be overlooked when creating things. Harley makes more money on apparel and accessories than selling motorcycles, so I would imagine if they became aware of someone utilizing their logo for profit it could get ugly.

Peter

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Harley vehemently defends its logo. To that end, I've only reproduced the logo a few times ever and each time it was strictly for an authorized Harley Davidson Dealership who did have the rights to have the logo made. Many people ask me to reproduce the HD logo as well as other copyrighted material and I won't do it. I've lost many sales because I won't put bugs bunny or the tazmanian devil or betty boop or whatever on someone's bike. My lawyer keeps me in line, but I can sleep at night without the worry of a lawsuit.

In a related story... My brother-in-law runs an ATV/Motocross business. He does a lot of business on the web and started to offer an ATV based clothing line started by his friend which was called "528". It just had this number on the sportswear. I'm not sure the significance of the number - something about the CC's of the engine or something else related to ATV stuff that was obvious to that market. Within 4 months of the clothing hitting the market his friend received a "cease and desist" letter from Levis Strauss & Co. claiming that the "528" was too close to their branded "529" jeans and would/could cause confusion in the market. My brother-in-law's friend had to give up his entire business because to defend his "right" to have the 528 name on the clothing line was going to cost at a minimum $250,000 in attorney fees because Levis is a large company and they can throw money at a problem to make it go away. And so the clothing line folded and they were just happy they didn't get sued.

SharpGraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thank-You for all of the concern. The ladie that owns this peticular pendant also owns an H-D Dealership. Actually her dad owns 5 of them in Florida and 2 elseware.

Latest posts

Sponsors