Hello And Thanks

Dennis Sprague

Elite Cafe Member
Hello to everyone. My name is Dennis and I am a bench jeweler in south louisiana. Ive been watching the cafe for awhile now.The cafe is inspiration central for me. So many sharing their talents and thoughts.I would like to give special thanks to Sam Alfano as he was my instructor in begining engraving class. Lee Griffiths for layout and design and Ron Smith for his books on scroll. I have much to learn , but the bug has bitten and look forward to the next cut. Photo of the knife is by James Perkins,

Thanks To All
Dennis

Attachments

• IMG_8909_edited.jpg
    IMG_8909_edited.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 253

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Dennis, and welcome aboard!

You're doing really well with your engraving, despite having had Lee Griffiths as one of your instructors. Keep up the good work!

~Sam
p.s. I really like what you said that the Cafe is Inspiration Central. I might use that if you don't mind. :)

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, Sam, Sam.................................uh you are probably right. At least Dennis you had the good sense to finish up with Ron who likely cleaned up all my misinformation and any that Sam may have inadvertently dispensed but boy did we have fun and look at what you came up with. I think the two areas of diamonds/dots made this a more interesting piece than it would have been with scroll alone. Well done, you are on your way.
Lee

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome Dennis, Wow,..........nice job!! You are on your way buddy......

PS. You have a good eye for design..Keep it up. You also had some excellent teachers.

Forward!!

Ron S

Dennis Sprague

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the comments
Sam, Inspiration Central please use as you wish.
The cafe is a great place to be.
Lee,Yes had agreat time in your class.
I keep your casting of the bears on my bench.Still amazing to me.
Ron,Your work,your book,and your philosophy,Could be a great conversation.
Hope to meet you somwhere down the road

Dennis

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations Dennis. As always your work looks great and I'm glad you've finally decided to share it with everyone at the cafe. Perhaps a viewing of your shotgun is in order.... yes?
Only next time, remind me to WIPE OFF MY FINGER PRINTS BEFORE I take the picture!!!!!

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Dennis,

I like your knife you did a great job. The way you did the leaves is very unique. At least for me. I haven't seen that before.

Jeff