Hello new member here from northern indiana

Skinnybenny

My name is Ben and I’m new to the engraving world it’s a type of art I’ve always admired and I’m looking to better myself and my arts . I run a small side business where I polish and electro etch axes and carve the handles . But I’m looking to step up my game and I would love to engrave the names instead of etching them . Are axe heads something that an air powered engraver would be able to handle? I have been lookin at the Lindsay nitro . I’m not as concerned about super fine details im more looking for a machine that can move material? Any advice on machines would be greatly appreciated FF3D43F8-E9FD-42B6-BEC7-5DB2FB1E58B9.jpeg

Attachments

• 8A674731-2350-42BA-BF6A-092FDEF14E74.jpeg
    8A674731-2350-42BA-BF6A-092FDEF14E74.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 51
  • F4FD120C-07CA-4E69-9B80-B8FA91C5C7D7.jpeg
    F4FD120C-07CA-4E69-9B80-B8FA91C5C7D7.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 51

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You might want to do some small customization of the etching with hand engraving BUT you will definitely not want to try doing it all that way. It will take forever to cut that much that deep. For what it’s worth, I think the etched heads look pretty nice.

Oracle 651 and as crazy as it sounds the color flat black .
I’ve been using my Ipad to draw with procreate then import into design space and cut with a Cricut Joy, then electro etching. Mostly for my maker’s mark on hardened steel forged knives that are way too hard to engrave.

Smaller details are harder to capture and sometimes it’s fun getting the vinyl off if it was heated up too much electro etching, but it works great!

Skinnybenny

I’ve been using my Ipad to draw with procreate then import into design space and cut with a Cricut Joy, then electro etching. Mostly for my maker’s mark on hardened steel forged knives that are way too hard to engrave.

Smaller details are harder to capture and sometimes it’s fun getting the vinyl off if it was heated up too much electro etching, but it works great!
Absolutely I run a graphics side business where I use our older vinyl cutting machine . As far as removing the old vinyl I’ve picked it loose till my finger tips hurt . So now I use an air powered pin stripe removal tool and it takes the mask off with out hurting the substrate. It’s a little rubber wheel that spins slowly

Absolutely I run a graphics side business where I use our older vinyl cutting machine . As far as removing the old vinyl I’ve picked it loose till my finger tips hurt . So now I use an air powered pin stripe removal tool and it takes the mask off with out hurting the substrate. It’s a little rubber wheel that spins slowly
Great idea!

Latest posts

Sponsors