Hello to all :)

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Hi my name is Tim Herman and have been a knifemaker/engraver since 1978. I have hung around with Sam at shows and had a great time and learned lots from him. After hours listened to Sam and Winston Churchill play music together. I also had the privledge to hang with Lynton McKenzie at show for years too. He was a fine gentleman and a great engraver and I miss him alot. Sorry for rambling lol.
I developed color engraving about 13 years ago and seem to still be the only one doing it this way. It has been my only secret but share anything else freely as I have been given tips and help along the way. I hope to be a part of this cool forum and learn lots more. Thank you Sam for a great forum. Here is my latest color engraved knife. All comments are welcome.

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Tim
Welcome to the forum, I,ve always been amazed at the high level of design and engraving skills you have..

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Tim,That is so inspiring to think how you do the colors and it keeps me going, going, and going...
Thanks
Jerry

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the Cafe. It's good that many people are finding their way here. It makes it better for all of us to hang out. You color engraving looks great. I can't wait to see some of your work in person.

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Tira, I have missed the past few ECCKS but will definately be there next year. I would have loved to have met you and seen Lee's practice plate in person. Thank you.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
WELCOME, TIM: very cool stuff. i like ladybugs ! we will take up a collection to buy your secret ! how much ?

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good looking stuff Tim. Did you or do you apply your technique to jewelry? I think it would make some beautiful jewelry.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've admired your work for a while thanks to the great knife books. Your color engraving is absolutely stunning.

Thanks for posting it and welcome to the Engravers Cafe,
Peter

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all so much!
Mr. Cirelli, I have made one bracelet for a clients wife with a humpback whale breaching but nothing else. There is a pic on my website of it with lots of other color engraved knives.
There was a local lady siversmith in town here that we were going to try some things together but it naver came about.

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tim, It's good to see you here, I've been enjoying your work since the mid 80's from Blade magazine & Knives Illustrated. Glad you'll be hanging around so you can help some of us with your input. Dwayne

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
I got new pics showing the symmetry of the knife when closed. The raised clip on the blade and spine match opened and closed.

Sponsors