Question: Help,sil air 15,should i buy this one?

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Actually you can buy a tank at the hardware or auto store that has the valves and safety. You just have to plumb it into the system. That's what I have, and it's rigged so I can turn the auxilary tank on or off, and so I can remove it from the system if I want to (mostly so I could then take that tank somewhere to use the air).

But it does greatly increase the time the compressor runs when it cycles on and filling the tank from empty takes so long that I do it in stages (turning the extra tank off and waiting until the compressor cools before I enable it again). A compressor built with a larger tank would be better in many ways.

doug

Thanks Steve I figured somebody out there has tried to add a tank. Ive done it before when Im using die grinders and such but it did not help much, thought it might work better with my gravermach since it doesnt require so much air.

Mr Biggs how long does your Jun-Air take to refill after it cuts on?

Thanks
Doug

Andrew Biggs

Hi Doug

Call me Andrew. Whenever someone calls me Mr. Biggs it normally means I'm in trouble :)

I've never timed any of this so this is a really rough guess. But once the tank is fiiled completley which takes about 3-4 minutes?.................After that it takes about a minute or less to top up.

Cheers
Andrew

doug

Ok thanks Andrew thats what I needed to know.Im working in my basement and need an air compressor that wont rattle the windows when it runs,and cycle on and off every few minutes.Sounds like that JunAir is just what Im looking for.
Thanks
Doug

Andrew Biggs

Hi Doug

I think Jun-Air and the Silentair are of a similar kind. The only one I could track down was the Jun-Air here in New Zealand.

My situation is the same as you but I work out of a spare bedroom and my compressor is about 3 ft away from where I sit and it is great!!!!! It won't disturb other family members when they are asleep or the cats!!

When it clicks onto a cycle it sort of gives a quick judder when it starts up.

When I first installed it........I was looking through the microscope at maximum power and then compressor banged on.......being only 3ft away it made the microscope vibrate a bit...........I thought it was an earthquake and damn near had a heart attack!!!!! :)

Now I'm so used to it that I don't even notice it.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors