Help with identity of engraver and stockmaker.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Purdey bolt action 30-06 rifle shipped to W.C. Fields 1959. No identifying marks as to engraver. Stockmakers initials are "B.J.". _FX61274 (2).JPG Any help would be appreciated.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Correction to original post. The rifle was shipped to Marshall Fields not W.C. Fields.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think your best bet would be to ask the nice folks at Purdeys. For what it's worth, whoever did that engraving was pretty good...

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
When it comes to English scroll, I can rarely tell who the engraver was. Ken Hunt would be the person to ask. He is on Facebook regularly as well as Instagram.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
I think your best bet would be to ask the nice folks at Purdeys. For what it's worth, whoever did that engraving was pretty good...
The folks at Purdey provided the basic information but would not release any other information. Yes, I also thought the work was nice factory produced engraving. Thanks for your reply.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
When it comes to English scroll, I can rarely tell who the engraver was. Ken Hunt would be the person to ask. He is on Facebook regularly as well as Instagram.
Roger I have posted on one FB "Grand Master Gun Engraver Ken C. Hunt Group" But have had no plies with this information. Was hoping Mr. Hunt would reply or some other knowledgeable person. Thanks for your help.