High end Inkjet printer for transfer

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
I have been pretty happy with my HP envoy ink jet printer for Transfer work. But, lately I have been doing a lot of very small work and so I have researched better inkjet printers that hopefully will make the lines thinner and tighter. I am only looking at the printers with pigment based ink because I know that is what works best on transparency. Finally came up with the Canon Pixma Pro 10 which Is a high-resolution printer that uses pigment based ink. It is a high resolution printer that uses pigment ink. I am thinking this might be a good one but before I spend $500 I was wondering if anyone else has tried this one or something comparable ? Thanks

PaulE

I have a Canon Pixma Pro mx890 with ink tanks numbered 225 and 226. I've had it for three years and am very happy with the quality and detail. I turn my drawing into a vector drawing and use a .5 pt line width in Adobe Illustrator. I also use Tom White's solution and printing sheets.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
I have a Canon Pixma Pro mx890 with ink tanks numbered 225 and 226. I've had it for three years and am very happy with the quality and detail. I turn my drawing into a vector drawing and use a .5 pt line width in Adobe Illustrator. I also use Tom White's solution and printing sheets.

Thanks for your reply Paul. I will be doing some experimenting. By the way, when I print from illustrator I use a .1 line width. You may know this already but you can change the point value manually.

Latest posts

Sponsors