High tech Bracelet bender

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
I thought I would show my own high tech bracelet bender that has served well for over thirty years, with several different stumps. The punches are made from railroad spikes, but wooden dowels work well also. You just start at one end, switch ends every 1/2 inch or so, till you get to the middle, and viola! a compound curved bracelet that has plenty of spring. From the pictures that Weldon posted I couldn't tell there was any compound curve on those bracelets, so I worry about some sweet lady breaking her pride and joy. Any of Weldon's bracelets would be a lady's pride and joy, but I have fixed way to many bracelets that didn't have enough compound curve to spring to not worry. So if you have one of GRS bracelet benders bear down on that sucker and give her some curves!

Attachments

• bracelet-bender1.jpg
    bracelet-bender1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 230
  • bracelet-bender-2.jpg
    bracelet-bender-2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 183

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the grs former just eliminates a lot of the "guesswork" when doing the forming. i've made bracelets for years the way you are now, but i surely like the grs way by quite a bit more. i seem to think it's a more controllable process this way. but why argue with good results ?

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi,

To answer the question: My bracelets do have a compound curve. My photography skills are to blame for not adequately showing the curve. Sorry 'bout that!

Like your bender too!
Weldon