Home safely

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
I lucked out and got home safely on schedule between storms. Still unpacking...sure hope every one had as much fun as I did. It was really heart warming to see so many new people at the show for their first time and I hope they return and inspire others to do the same. Also hope everyone had as easy a trip back home as I. Regards...S.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad you made it Sam!
Mike Bissell and I are about 75 miles from home in a hotel. The blizzard hit and we couldn't make it any farther. Oh well, it was a GREAT week in Reno!

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Rex,
This is the first time I ever experienced turbulence in a large jet or a turbo prop.
While being surrounded by a heard of babies. They began to howl all at once when we
drop a thousand feet. Ya know what they do second after they cry, you would think
they would have better ventilation on those planes.
Detroit has a new terminal and having never been in it before. You can guess what happened
and everything did happen. At least the Can Am border was as dull as usual. So,
safe at home by 2:00am having started out a 5:00am from the hotel.
Talk to ya later,
Jim

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had to overnight in Salt Lake City on the way home. Lo and behold.who do I see sleeping on a set of chairs in the morning but Rick Eaton. He never made it out either monday night. After a detour through Denver and a long layover i finally made it home tuesday eve. Rick .Hope your reading this on your computor from home

Marty

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim,
That sounds like a LOT of fun!!!
:)
Did you fly NWA? That is what we usually do but due a cancellation on the way out we went another route. The NWA terminal in Detroit is pretty nice.
We're still waiting out the weather and wil be home soon.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Rex,
Yes, I got the flight home to Detroit via NWA. There were empty seat between
most passengers. So it was pretty nice. I had brought my compass to tell when the
plain was turning home. There was a man saying his prayers two rows up. I didn't
have the hart to tell him he was pointed south. His prayers seemed to work, we made
it back okay.

Jim

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had a good flight. Good to hear you guys made it okay. will be waiting to hear from others I know were going to have it rough. Hope everyone checks in on the forum.........Ron S

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry to hear that so many of you guys had problems getting home. We got out
on Tuesday morning and, except for some turbulence over the front range, had an
uneventful flight on UA into Denver. I guess we lucked out and slid through between
the storms.
My wife and I really enjoyed the show and I can't say enough about how nice
all of the people were at the show and how nice the facilities were at the Silver
Legacy. This was my first time to attend the show and I plan to attend next year.
I would also like to thank Rex and all of the other people who put the show
together -- GREAT JOB!

Les Schowe

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Great to hear everyone's safe at home...
Joan and I got home on time Tue 5:00 PM in Orlando at the rush hour, but all in all it was worth everything, even the snow, to meet everyone and put a face on the names...Thanks to everyone for the sharing of advice and information that helps me to reach a higher level to engrave...
I'm still on NV time and will get it together better Thur, had alot jewelry work waiting this morning...
Next year will be bigger and better if that's possible so start making plans, you don't want to miss this...
Thanks everyone,
Jerry and Joan

James Wark

I to am glad to see most are getting home on time. Of course my head is still spinning form the turbulance. Or it could be from seeing all the amazing work at the show.
It was really great to meet you all.
Jim

rhenrichs

Elite Cafe Member
Rex,
I guess living in North Dakota ain't so bad after all. Saw you, Mike and Roger hiking toward your gate in Reno Tues. morning. We went to Denver, had time for a smoke, and headed north. Got to Fargo about 7:00 PM CST temp. -15 degrees with 20 mph creating a wind chill of -40 something. This AM Fargo -24 Reno +27.
Hope you got home finally

Roger Henrichs