Question: Hoping to mine some ideas for a graver carrying case!

CJ Calhoun

Hello! I'm carrying a lot of my gravers back and forth from my home bench and my work bench these days, and I hate to just throw them in a bag... I was wondering if any of you guys have any carrying cases developed for your gravers? My first thought was to track down a case for 1/4" router bits because they are the same size as the guick-change holders I use, but none of the ones I've seen seem quite right. Anybody have something they think works really well?

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I used a block of wood and drilled holes in it to carry the gravers. I have also used plexiglass and epoxied three layers together and drilled holes in that. I purchased a small toolbox from Lowes to carry those in and others stuff as well. Best to have one with a removeable tray on top. I have also made a small wooden box to set the blocks of wood in with the gravers stand up. and a lid that just sits on the top.

CJ Calhoun

All very helpful tips, thank you! I have some plastic 1/4 router holders that I purchased from woodcraft that work well on the bench. I thought about getting a small tool box and epoxying or fastening a few of those in there. The idea of Cad-ing a tray for a box made to have a removable tray is also pretty tempting, but I don't have a printer so it might get costly to have something that size printed. Just the plastic router holders in a toolbox with plastic hose over the tips would probably function pretty darn well.

CJ Calhoun

I wondered if maybe some type of gun case or something like it with high density foam on both sides could be drilled out so the gravers could sit in a 1/4'' hole and then be supported on top as well and don't bounce around and out of their holes during my work commute. I may be trying to make a simple problem too complicated, haha.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
A piece of Styrofoam and a small attaché case from the Goodwill will work.
Oil the gravers and stick the onto the Styrofoam.
Glue the foam down inside the case with Duct tape.