Critique Request I would appreciate your opinions and critique

vanLanen

If this is unassisted................pretty nice start
Im sorry, I should have given a bit more information on the method used, im using a homemade engraving machine, 120° cmax graver which is hand sharpened, I tried different shadings, to see how they look, and I must mention that I tried to resharpen it a bit better during the shading, and quickly learned a few lessons there, let's just say a sharpening jig is on its way..

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the purpose of shading is twofold. it adds interest to the design,and more importantly, creates the illusion of depth on an otherwise flat surface. the landlord here, sam alfano, has excellent video work showing this. it's worth looking into !

vanLanen

the purpose of shading is twofold. it adds interest to the design,and more importantly, creates the illusion of depth on an otherwise flat surface. the landlord here, sam alfano, has excellent video work showing this. it's worth looking into !
Thanks monk, yes Ive been watching all material that I can find on engraving, im also hoping that our governments will soon stop with these experiments on humanity, so I feel save to travel and attend classes

Latest posts

Sponsors