Announcement: Inappropriate postings and threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Biggs

I have my official moderators hat on for this post.

Recently, and even today, we have had posts about members of the forum having a crack at our suppliers about the way they conduct their business. I would remind you that the way they conduct their business is entirely up to them as it is their business and not ours. None of us know the in's and out's of what they do and why they do it, or the reasoning behind it.

It is unfair to us and to the supplier as it only provides a totally unbalanced and one sided story. We recently went into all of this and apparently a few members never read it.

The forum is not a complaint service for commercial vendors and venting your spleen at them in public is not the way this forum operates. This behavior will not be tolerated as it is totally inappropriate. If you want to have a good rant and rave..........................then run outside and shake your fist at the sky or find another forum that enjoys that sort of behavior. Or find another supplier............but whatever you do, don't bring it to this forum.

If you have a problem with any of our suppliers about the way they do business...................then talk to them about it.

This applies to all of our suppliers. GRS, Lindsay, N-Graver, Rio Grande or the tooth fairy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In saying that. It is fair to post questions about products that they make and ways of improving, fixing etc. Just keep it respectful and show a little tolerance. We have had some very fruitful and helpful discussions about printers, transparencies, fixing vices, fixing microscopes, fixing tooling etc.....................and long may that last.

Cheers
Andrew

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
We are fortunate to have a forum moderated so we get the wheat and not the dirt!
Thanks to all of you who make this possible.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew, I don't know if I ever have read a tread like you mentioned and sure I understand.
Sure I'm not allowed to make or change the forum rules, and I agree we need an dictator for that. Of course "dictator" does not sound democratic, but I'm convinced a good dictator works best, as it seems not all of us can use their brains.

But... could we not make exceptions for traders that are mala fide, like copyright designs that are used without permission, tools that are not good or whatever we could experience as bad traders?

So perhaps for some exceptions, like it is written in the NEW MEMBERS START HERE - Forum Rules & Guidelines first ask some advice by a moderator before posting.

arnaud

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud, the reason you never got to read the post was because it was deleted promptly (yes one of mine).
Reason being it seems, that constructive criticism (not of the tools but the overseas service of a certain company) were being voiced.

Now then, the constructive criticism was made both to the company & here since this forum actively uses & in a clever way plugs it`s products.. so the idea was to try to help them see a problem that could easily be looked into to increase their business by streamlining the sales are for us not in the U.S.A.

Seems that any form of negative wording is falling on deaf ears which is a shame.
I would have thought it better a simple "we`ll look into it" would have been enough, but no..

Everyone knows who the company in question is by now, and i detect a hint of "deaf ear syndrome" over a small matter that could increase 10 fold sales in an relatively small market.

That dimissal of anything negative amounts to nothing more than fanboyism & shortsightedness in my opinion.
Waste of time showing great products that are a pain in the univarse to get hold of :rolleyes:

I am taking this seriously, and have doubts whether to bother here anymore because of the unwillingness to listen to any negative views (which is all part of discussion)?

I also know that the other companies that Andrew mentioned have no such problems and so therefore think that was a poor clutching at straws attempt to equalise? things for this company.

Yes, i have now bought tools elsewhere because of this, and will continue until i see an improvement..x that by countless others and see what could have been.

Otherwise the forum is superb, but discussion must include constructive negativity even if it means a supplier, it`s for their benefit to at least know, even if they decide to ignore.....

If this is "locked", it will only prove my point by not allowing others to agree.

Thats my final word, if allowed :tiphat:

Last edited:

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris, if I'm allowed. You're not only taking it seriously, but personally.
I bought that company's tools before I ever heard of this forum. I buy them because I think they're well made. I can understand that you, being ex-patria might have special problems getting supplies.
I also agree with Andrew that there is nothing anyone of us can do to help solve the problem you're having. I don't know what a long distance call costs; but if you can call during their office hours, I think you'll get some satisfaction from one of the sales people. They do want to sell their product!
Personally I have enough with my own complaints; I'd rather not read the complaints of others, regardless how simpathetic.
Maybe the filter should be the question "does this have anything to do with engraving?"
Kevin P.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
:thumbs up:The deleted post was just an idea about adding a paypal option nothing more.
It is a personal thing in a way, but maybe for a few others also, thats not the point.
A phone call at night to coincide with office hours is hardly efficient though possible yes.

I am not trying to be awkward, it is just a matter of voicing an opinion which is what a discussion forum is for?
I agree the products are great as i have some, just lots that i can`t get from their more local agents..

whats an engraving tool supplier got to do with engraving? nice thinking .

It was not so much a complaint like the earlier post about a late shipment, this was merely suggesting an easier, more efficient payment solution.

Whats wrong with that :confused:

Point is.. that failure to even consider listening to a would be paying customer is not good business, thats why i only work for fun not necessity.

Not a good idea to upset the ruling gods of this forum , but for knowing they have more contact and influence than my email may help others not just me.

Rest my case now i promise.

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gemsetterchris,

Sir, again, as has already been explained to you multiple times, this is a private matter between you and the company. If you have constructive criticism, then by all means let the supplier know. If you are still not satisfied then try other avenues that are appropriate and not a public forum. None of the suppliers are going to get on this, or any other forum, and challenge anyone publicly and it's not the forum members business.

You accuse the company of "deaf ear syndrome" and yet you disregard our requests to control your own posts after having been publicly and privately reminded of the forum rules multiple times. It wasn't your ideas that got the post deleted, it was the aggressive and accusatory manner in which you stated your position. And your post above, again - aggressive and accusatory.

If you need contact information for the company then contact me and I will get you the info you need.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Madam :tiphat:, no aggressiveness apparent as yet, merely straight to the point to save typing an unnecessarily long essay.
I thought a public forum associated with the said company might be an idea, since i`m surely not alone except with my lack of control to say what i think.

Obviously this message is not going through so let`s quit the problem.

Pardon me for airing my thoughts on a forum.

As i re-read the rules i see that i step the line a tad, not a difficult task i might add.

Anyway, :beerchug: don`t meet me in a bad mood :big grin:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gemsetterchris,

Perhaps the misunderstanding is about the nature of this forum. This is not a forum specific to one company. While it is true that Sam and I do have ties to GRS, they do not own, fund, monitor, make demands on, or in any way try to influence this forum. Sam and Abigail fully own this forum and are the sole arbiters of rules, content and format.

Having said that. If it was your intent that GRS sees and acts upon your idea this is not the place for it. They do pop in and see what is going on from time to time, as do the other companies, but they don't hang out or monitor the posts. The best way to have them listen to and evaluate your idea(s) would be to contact them directly. If you have done that, and didn't receive a timely response, then I can put you in contact with a more direct e-mail address that may help you to voice your opinions. If you haven't e-mailed or called them then start there. With prior arrangements they would most likely even take your call at an odd hour to resolve your problem.

No harm, no foul. We all are working towards growing and expanding this art. Sometimes misunderstandings occur on-line that would never occur in a face to face meeting - and - I hope to meet you someday. :)

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I complained to both of those engraving machine companies about their prices. I suggested that they reduce their prices by 50%.

They in turn wished excessive amounts of snow fall from the sky on my house.

Guess whose wish was granted. ;~)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Gemsetterchris: The rules are the rules. If you find them unfair or too restrictive or you're unable to participate without stepping over the line, then maybe this forum isn't for you. You have had your say. Now I want this put this to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Sponsors