Info on Joseph Condon

Rodger Connor

I have a Sako L461 in 17-222 O’Bryan magnum engraved by Joseph Condon. I was told that Elvis had it made as a gift for Sammy Davis Jr. any information would be appreciated.

Rodger Connor

John, it is definitely engraved by Condon. He signed clearly. I am trying to establish if it was indeed given to Sammy Davis Jr by Elvis. One person in the chain of ownership is a black actor/comedian named Robert Townsend. Rifle has multiple high grade gold inlays, oak leaf engraving, inlays on the rings as well as the LEUPOLD scope caps. Also a series of gold washed coyote paw tracks on the underside of the barrel. It is a Vern O’Brien proprietary caliber in 17-222 O’Brien magnum, absolutely Unfired in perfect condition. I own a Superposed 28 ga Browning engraved by Jose Baerten and three guns engraved by Angelo Bee and this Condon engraved rifle is the most perfect example I have ever seen of engraved art.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I sure Condon's nephew would like to see a picture of the gun,he comes to the gun show and stops by my table to talk. J.J.