INKS please

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hello..Hello I am in need of new printer and am wondering if anyone has any luck with the cannon tr4521 with the pg 245 tubs

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
That printer uses pigment based black ink and dye based color inks. You need pigment based ink for transfer using transparencies. So it should work for black only. If you also want to be able to transfer color (for leaf outlines, etc., to keep them contrasted from scroll lines), you will need a printer that uses pigment based inks for both black and colors.

papart1

Thanks Allen for the quick response, I am also interested in, the fact as I understand them from the best buy tech is that it also reduces and increases and flips the image. Might the one I speak of.............you have? tr 4521 perhaps? Rob

a

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Allen for the quick response, I am also interested in, the fact as I understand them from the best buy tech is that it also reduces and increases and flips the image. Might the one I speak of.............you have? tr 4521 perhaps? Rob

a
No. I have an Epson that uses the Durabrite inks. I looked for a Model tr4521 and only found a 4520, so I don't know what the model you are considering does. I use a graphics program for flipping images.

papart1

Thanks Allen........the one I'm considering does all those points I mentioned, one must take into account the tech I texted with might only work there part time

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm using the Epson 3760 series printer with ink tubs and have been pleased with it so far.

papart1

refillable tubs too I bet....................waht ink do you prefer Bigu-Un?

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
The inkjet transfer method needs pigment inks to work. Many inkjet printers use a pigment black ink and dye colored inks, but some will use pigment for all the inks. However, some inkjets use dye inks for all, so make sure you know which you have. You can use a printer with pigment black ink and dye color inks to print a black transfer only. If you want to use color transfers to differentiate leaf lines from backbone lines (and help keep you from cutting over something), you need a printer that uses pigment inks for all inks. Epson has a pretty good discussion of these issues. https://neofiliac.com/article/1141/epson-ecotank-inks

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
refillable tubs too I bet....................waht ink do you prefer Bigu-Un?
I've been using the ink that came with it for about a year now, both for engraving transfers (of which I do little as I prefer drawing on the item directly) and for our home use and the black reservoir is still half full, plus I still have another full black tub that came with the printer. So far we're very pleased with it. I need to remember to print in "black only" for transfers as I think the black tub is pigment based.

Latest posts

Sponsors