Inlaying copper

Ryan Lockhart

John What do you think are the best ways for sharpening carbide gravers for mirror finish and what would you say the best sharpening stones are to use

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
For sharpening my gravers to a mirror finish I use diamond wheels for my micromotor/ pendant motor. You can buy them at most jewelry supply houses. Also in the UK. There are 3 grits.

I use them after I have made the shape of the graver I want on my powerhone. Then I switch to the diamond wheels under my Microscope. Recently brought a Bofa air filtering unit so I wont be breathing in the carbide and metal dust.

Here is a link to 1 UK supplier:

I got the Yellow, Green and Blue ones. From EDENTA, not the mounted one for 14 quid!

Ryan Lockhart

For sharpening my gravers to a mirror finish I use diamond wheels for my micromotor/ pendant motor. You can buy them at most jewelry supply houses. Also in the UK. There are 3 grits.

I use them after I have made the shape of the graver I want on my powerhone. Then I switch to the diamond wheels under my Microscope. Recently brought a Bofa air filtering unit so I wont be breathing in the carbide and metal dust.

Here is a link to 1 UK supplier:

I got the Yellow, Green and Blue ones. From EDENTA, not the mounted one for 14 quid!
Cool mate I'll take a look at those I just bought something similar on ebay a yellow and white rubber impregnated diamond wheel do you add any micron paste to yours also what's your thought on a ceramic sharpening stone as I don't have a power hone I use the pillar drill and diamond wheel until I can afford one

John B.

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Ryan, Sinterklaas gave you some info on sharpening and polishing carbide so I won't confuse you with more.
What are you engraving that requires you to use polished carbide gravers?

As you asked, I have lived in the Los Angeles, California area for the last 70 years.

Ryan Lockhart

Ok thank you bud and wow what a beautiful place to live we are just coming out of a long dark wet winter bring on the sunshine I say lol

Latest posts

Sponsors