Jun-Air Compressor

pkroyer

I have a chance to buy a Jun-Air compressor model 12-40 for $600. Currently I am using a California Air 4610a to run an old gravermax for engraving and rotary tools. If things progress well, I would like to buy a higher end GRS unit in the future. The 4610a works good but is noisy.

The Jun-Air is only a few years old and was used by a retired dentist for woodcarving. I am not sure whether he used it in his dental practice or not. I am dealing with his widow and she said that it was well maintained and the oil changed. Based on his home, it is entirely possible that he purchased it only for woodcarving.

Does this sound like a good deal? The main things I am interested is the lack of noise. Other than changing the oil, will there be a lot of maintenance to keep it running and the air oil free?

thanks for any input

Phil Royer

Baloo

It's a beast, from a very good brand. It cans last 30 years without problem. If you can test it and look if the air cylinder fill and stop normaly.
To be sure that's a perfect deal open the engine cylinders to check if there's no rust. But as it comes from a dentist and not an industry environnement I'm pretty sure it was well used.
Mine was made in 2001 and runs perfectly.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i obtained one from a local dentist. he was relocating and gave it to me in the original crate. it's a superb machine. so quiet, i sometimes forget and leave it running. yours is a good buy if it looks to be well cared for.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
only a few yrs old and $600? i'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I remember somebody on the forum talking about the generic brand of oil that matched what jun air sells.
I've always just used the jun air oil, because that is what they say, and i don't feel like testing it.. but it's a tad pricey to fill.