Jura Artgraver engraving machine?

Seems like the theme is if it ain’t GRS or Lindsay it ain’t no use. Well ..... what about the PULSEGRAVER ....... I have all three and I like it better than the other 2. All 3 are quality. My point is that just because it isn’t GRS or Lindsay doesn’t mean it isn’t quality. It also doesn’t mean it is quality too. I am only an occasional amateur and not a professional So my experience is limited.
I agree, that's not always the case, and we shouldn't forget that in reality all you need is a single piece of tool steel and a hammer to get started. I'm intrigued by the pulse graver and would love to try one out someday. But at the end of the day, all you need is something to move the graver or chisel forward, whether it be by hand, hammer, or air power, oh and electricity if we're talking pulse graver . For the beginner, I'd still recommend them to build a Shaun Hughes style homemade machine, the Rick Alexander machine is the best thought out and tidyest version of Shaun Hughes machine. I doubt very many, if any, of the experienced engravers here in the forums have used one, but I bet they would be surprised by its performance. Mine cost me about 175 total, along with a handpiece and it's ran strong for 2 years now. Another nice thing is even if the most expensive part of the machine fails, the compressor, then it's a $40 dollar fix and a half hour of time at most. So imho, the homemade machine is a great choice on a budget, or for those who just want to give hand engraving a try. I recently built another for my father, who's a goldsmith of 30+yrs and he's been using it for bezel setting, texturing metals, etc. And he loves it! I will say one last thing to be clear, The GRS and Lindsay systems are truly top of the line tools. I'm sure the pulse graver is as well, I just have no experience with it. But anyways They took years to engineer and refine to arrive at the quality they are today. The innovation and craftsmanship is ever evolving and they continue to find ways to improve their systems.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can't imagine anything better than what I have now. The only complaint I have is my silent compressor gets oil into the lines at times. At any rate, I'm too old to change now. I would rather have the money for other things. Every time I buy a new gadget I find it's not as good as what I have. And selling it is a pain in the brain. Just because you have a guitar exactly like Eric Clapton doesn't mean you can play like him. It's not the guitar that makes the music, It's the finger that does the picking.

edgrabow15

Elite Cafe Member
I tried it out for a few minutes at the JCK show. Didn’t fully get into it but nothing really stood out to me over the other machines other then the fact that it didn’t need a compressor which wasn’t worth the extra money for me. Didn’t look at all at the sharpening system. One thing I do remember is the ring holding kit looked overly complicated and I was getting the same feeling about the engraving machine
I got to spend about 5 minutes on one when I was over in Germany visiting Family in a little town called Fishbeck. It's near Hamlin the town where the Pied Piper was said to have plied his trade. My cousin was friends with a Jeweler . He had one. It performed just like the enset I bought to give a try. I just couldn't convince myself to like it enough to keep it more than a month before I sold it. I assume of I started with one I would like it more. It's good Its just a totally different performance than my GRS or Lindsey. .

Stock682

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I got to spend about 5 minutes on one when I was over in Germany visiting Family in a little town called Fishbeck. It's near Hamlin the town where the Pied Piper was said to have plied his trade. My cousin was friends with a Jeweler . He had one. It performed just like the enset I bought to give a try. I just couldn't convince myself to like it enough to keep it more than a month before I sold it. I assume of I started with one I would like it more. It's good Its just a totally different performance than my GRS or Lindsey. .
You sure it was the original Jura and not the Chinese knock off? They look the same. I have tried the Chinese one and was not impressed at all. Now I ordered Jura's machine and it should arrive soon.

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
papart1

The hose you see is not a hose it's an electrical cord and yes electricity does flow through it.
I’m a hobbyist silversmith, I used h&c & push since the 90’s. I do / learning stone setting. Heard about pulse graver, saw Christian’s utube demo, bought one. At 75 I thought why not? Not sorry, no compressor, easy variable power, easy adjustment. It is small & mighty. Truly revolutionary imho. Ready to work in 20 seconds or less .
Mike Dubber , I agree I don’t buy chinese anything if I can avoid it I threw away all Chinese hand tools. I got stories. I got a 4500 psi. Compressor but it’s to fill my PCP air rifles.