Ken Onion Leek

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
your line cuts are very similar to mine........only difference is my form construction

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the comments. It cut ok after sanding the coating off the outside but I did sharpen a lot. I have several of these to do today, I took the next one apart and annealed it much easier to cut.
Leland

papart1

can I ask.what color changes did you get with annealing this .s.s please?

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
monk, I have seen pictures of leeks but where I live you have to drive to a big town to find them in a store.

papart1

Flint....was the dark gray suitable for your layout and then to cut please?

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
The dark gray was polished off before any lay out or cutting. I cut a bison on the scale today it cut much nicer with a lot less sharpening. That being said I am not sure if the annealing or the fact with the scale off the knife I could hold it better with less vibration either way it worked.
Leland

Karl

After engraving, do you hear treat again? If so, how do you keep engraving clean? Learning lot here. Thanks

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Karl, I do not harden after engraving. I don't see the need for a knife scale to be that hard. When I do reharden parts after engraving I do it in a pack to keep air off the parts no oxidation forms that way
Thanks,Leland

Karl

Curious as to what kind of pack you found works best? Know in tool steel there is a liquid anti scale dip. Don't know if it would protect engraving. Thanks

Karl

Know about case color hardening. Is there other pack option for different metals to show & protect engraving?

Latest posts

Sponsors