key fobs

Lynda Schreck

I really like the stainless key fobs that I get from GRS. They are an inexpensive practice piece and you have something when you get done. However, Sam and I were discussing the finish on them when he was here this week teaching his class. The finish leaves a something to be desired. So I tried and experiment. Charlie tumbled one with his brass for reloading. We used Cabela's metalic cartirdige polish added to ground corn cobs. It tumbled for approximately 2 hours and the finished was greatly improved. If we had tumbled it longer it would have improved even more, I'm sure and if we had used a more aggressive compound or something other than corn cobs if would probably have worked even better.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Lynda,
How is everything with you and Charlie. :tiphat: Dont forget the BBQ on July 17 and 24. How about posting a before and after picture's?
Sandy

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lynda,
I don't have a tumbler so I just smooth them quickly with 400 and 600 sandpaper. Doesn't take much. Use a sanding block or even a pink pearl eraser as a block.
Rex

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Linda,
It's so nice to hear from you. Please say hi to Charlie and make his day by telling him I made a great buy on a Winchester 1890 and a Martini Cadet.
Glenn

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lynda,

Hi to you and Charlie! I hope you are enjoying reirement.

Does Charlie use the kind of brass tumbler that is a rotating cylinder or the kind that vibrates the media? I have the vibrating kind. I wonder if it matters:confused:

Roger

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lynda,

Why don't you and Charlie come by the West Coast, now that retirement allows some choice of routine, we could stick those fobs in the sandy beach, and let saltwater tumble them around?

Good to see you are posting!

Rod

Latest posts

Sponsors