Kudu bulino progress

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Of course you are keeping track of time on this...we are all going to want to know how long it takes you to finish the kudu.

As for background I can visualize some light clouds...nothing complicated, just to break up all that bare metal space.

Nice thread Dan!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dan don’t put what you are doing down art has many diverse forms and styles there is an art and talent involved doing what you are doing especially when it is done well

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the cloud advice Sam. I think I can do that. I used to track my hours. Found out after the Win 94 that without a name this type of detail bulino is far from lucrative. I do it for my enjoyment.

thanks Marty.

Dan

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My mom who is a talented artist always recommends trying to bring up the whole image design elements gradually together as one is working. In that way, there is a better opportunity to integrate any additional elements such as background, clouds, etc. How do other experienced engravers out there approach their design concept, working it up as a whole, or focusing on individual elements at a time as you go along?

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Monk and Paps. Mdengraver, I am curious about others methods as well.

Dan

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
how do you use a phone camera through the scope please Dan

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
thanks guys. I just hold the camera lens to the scope eye piece and move the phone around until I see the image on the Phone screen. Works on binoculars and spotting scopes too. Great way to take game photo’s without an expensive camera with zoom lens. Certainly not as good as an expensive camera but if you crop it it is not too bad.

Attachments

• 6605CBB4-7F09-4100-BDEE-D09E80FBE55B.jpeg
    6605CBB4-7F09-4100-BDEE-D09E80FBE55B.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 40

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Leland. I’ve watched your work and I think you can do this. Your eagle was very nice.

Dan

TFACARVING

Elite Cafe Member
im going to go ahead and jump in here and say i love the idea of a blacked out background though i understand the hesitation. you have amazing talent that hopefully one day i myself can achieve ;) but either way whatever you decide to do keep up the good work and dont hesitate to share the finished result

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice work Dan!

What you said about having a name is a big true... just a few lines of Picasso may worth millions. Unfortunately this is not the same for many great artist all around the world that lack of that lucky strike what can shoot you to the fame.

By the way, do you know about this camera holder? I have one and it works quite well although it can be a little tricky to set up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32796503874.html

Last edited:

Sponsors