Laps 100-Grit to 50,000-Diamond

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
I have a faceting machine with no time to use and I have been using the w/ 160 to ceramic-50,000 Drit to do some of my shapping and finishing. I also use them on my GRS Hone Machine, Old one and New one ...

Last 2 pages of Lapidary Journal, have diamond disk and Dia. spray from Diamomd Pacific and Crystalite.
Check their ceramic disk...and if you are a dealer they give you a nice Discount... Like ya'll don't know this...

Thanks!!! Sam,,,

Best, JL

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks JL.
I'm in the process of testing some special diamond impregnated polymer sheets from Japan which are showing promising results. They come 300 to 10,000 grit. The company is also sending me a couple of 5" steel disks with sheets mounted on them to test, and they should be in soon. So far I'm able to achieve a mirror polish on gravers with the sample sheets I have. The advantage to the diamond polymer is that the particles are not just on the surface of the sheet, but go all the way through. This should make the sheets wear many times longer than surface treated sheets. I'm not sure of the price, but I think the sheets are quite expensive. More details as they become available.