Announcement: Last Weekend to Visit the Eiteljorg

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fellow engravers,

The Dazzilng Firearms exhibition at the Eiteljorg Museum in Indianapolis ends this weekend on Sunday. This is your last chance to meet Mike Dubber and see some of his best work first hand.

My wife and I will be making the trip this Saturday. One time was not enough for me and my wife wants an opportunity to see the museum as well.

There is alot more there than the gun exhibit so plan on spending a few hours if you go.

I look forward to meeting more of my engraving colleagues on Saturday.

http://www.eiteljorg.org/default.asp

Roger

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
And I'll toss this out there - http://www.svandyke.com/Eiteljorg/main_gallery.php - that's all the pictures I took last Sunday when the ever-indulgent wife and I visited. I put it up so Mike could look through and pick out any pictures he wanted.

May as well let folks see just how much neat stuff other than the Dazzling Pistols display there is (since we can't take pictures of it). Be aware this is an unedited gallery - it's just the whole 180 frames I shot.

Andrew Biggs

What I want tro know is when is this exhibition coming to New Zealand????.............I know one engraver that is very keen to see it. :)

You guys are extremley fortunate having exhibitions like this in your country.

Cheers
Andrew

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
Last Day!

The Pistols: Dazzling Firearms Exhibition has been a great show- great for the Eiteljorg, great for the art of engraving, and as a participant, it has been great for me.

The Eiteljorg Museum took a bold step in booking this exhibition, and they have been actively promoting the show to the people of Indianapolis and Indiana since January. A most visible reminder of that fact is the 30' X 15' poster on the North East corner of the building - it's been there for 4 months. The Eiteljorg is within walking distance of the new Colt Lucas Oil stadium, the central business district of the State Capitol Building and the city center- and in the unique and calming phenomonon that is the White River State Park. It is a visble icon that is smack in the center of business, social and athletic events.

That kind of activity has continued since the Pistols opening. Yesterday, for instance, it is estimated that 45 thousand partcipants of the Susan Komen Walk For the Cure ran, walked and otherwise passed face-on within 50 feet of this Eiteljorg sign at the corner of Washington and West street.

Attendance at Pistols has set new records for a single exhibit for the Eiteljorg and it has been my great pleasure to be a part of that history. Thanks to all of you who have attended. I believe that we have done much to promote the art and history of firearms engraving in America.

Mike Dubber

Last edited:

Sponsors