Late Introduction

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, I've been using this forum for a couple of weeks now. Ive left a few messages and received many responses. Usually when I find a forum like this I scan the old posts and check the new ones once or twice without getting alot of great information. This site has become one of the most useful resources I have on the net. Its amazing to see the constant communication between artists of ALL levels.:cool: I can see that I will be visiting The Engraver's Cafe with regularity. That said I thought I'd introduce myself.

My Name is John Schipp, and I started sitting at a bench when I was 16 (Im 26 now). I got to apprentice with a Master Jeweler for two years. After he left I learned a lot on my own and with the help of my best friend sitting at the bench beside me. Although In the past few years I've taken a few classes Intro to Engraving, Advanced Stone Setting, Platinum Fabrication. I just began engraving about 3 years ago, and I love it. Eventually I would like to make the switch to being a full time engraver.
Lets not forget the really important details, I have a wife and two beautiful daughters:D My oldest is 7 and she enjoys spending time in the shop, dare I say that I hope I get to teach her everything I know someday?

Some of you I know by name, reputation, and work, others I only know you by your username. It is an honor to be meeting you all.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks for your introduction, Johnny. We're happy to have you on board with us, and as you have already discovered, this is a great place for the free exchange of hand engraving information. Help is not far away when you need it.

Cheers / ~Sam

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi John, welcome, you're in good company. I just came on the scene, but I know a lot of these guys and am making new friends and that is the most interisting aspect to me. There is a bundle of talent here in all areas. welcome aboard.
Ron S