Latest carvings

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Hi All, I have attached two pics, one is my latest carvings and the second is a group of pewter strikes from my latest dies. All the items are going to the ANA summer seminar ion Colorado Springs next week, the carvings to sell and the tokens as little tiny business cards. The seminar I am going to is called the art of engraving and is a fully funded scholarship. If anyone is interested in applying for the next one, go to www.money.org and look for the art of engraving.

Ciao, ya'll

Joe Paonessa

Attachments

• latest carvings.jpg
    latest carvings.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 209
  • my tokens.jpg
    my tokens.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 155

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Joe
First super coin carvings, second to apply for a seminar it states to send pictures of art work, does examples mean pictures of finished recarved coins or drawings on paper of intended subjects to be carved..

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Application

Hi Bill,

I sent pictures of my coins and I also sent strikes from some of the dies I made, kind of a bribe. Ron Landis used to be on the selection committee for the scholarship, don't know if he still is, but he might be able to guide you towards what they are looking for. It would be interesting if they received a bunch of nickel carver applications. Oh yes, almost forgot. The second night of the seminar they have a show of all the scholarship winner's work (we have a jeweler, print maker, painter, sculptor, and others in my class) which we can sell. Believe me, there are some deep pockets at the seminar and they don't argue about prices, they just hand you the cash.
gotta go pack.

Joe

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Pretty cool stuff Joe, a very nice selection of your work. Did you hear me beep last night as I went past the Racine exit?

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
road runner (cuda)...beep beep

By the time you drove by, I was already in Colorado Springs, but my kids heard you. Carvings go on display-sale in 2 hours, should be fun.

Joe

Latest posts

Sponsors