Leica A60 Eyepieces and Eyeglasses

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
With my tax refund on it's way from the IRS (some day) I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Leica A60. My only concern is that I wear eyeglasses and had to upgrade the eyepieces on my old Olympus to what they call "high eyepoint" eyepieces to allow me to wear my glasses. Since the eyepieces on the A60 are part of the head you get what you get. For those of you that have the A60 and wear eyeglasses while working do you have any issues or is it a pain to deal with?

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I wear glasses and can't read without them. But I don't use glasses with the A60 because the lenses can be separately adjusted for each eye. Its kind of like the lenses become your eyeglasses. You have an item under the scope. Close one eye and turn the lens of the open eye until its in focus. Then do the other eye the same way. For me it works.

Allan

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
With my tax refund on it's way from the IRS (some day) I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Leica A60. My only concern is that I wear eyeglasses and had to upgrade the eyepieces on my old Olympus to what theIy call "high eyepoint" eyepieces to allow me to wear my glasses. Since the eyepieces on the A60 are part of the head you get what you get. For those of you that have the A60 and wear eyeglasses while working do you have any issues or is it a pain to deal with?
:pencil:

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
Allan
I tried that with my Olympus and found it to be a pain to take my glasses off to use the scope and then put them back on to do something on the bench. I know that even with the special eyepieces I lose a lot of the field of view because I'm farther away. I know that the A60 eyepieces have the rubber ring for eyeglass wearers, I'm just wondering if it actually works. Thanks.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
I wear glasses all the time as well, although you can use it without them, it becomes a pain when you have to look at something for reference etcetera without the scope, put classes on take glasses of!!, I use mine with glasses all the time no problem, you still adjust the eye pieces as mention. You won't be disappointed it is a great scope.
Cheers.
Richard

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
I wear glasses all the time as well, although you can use it without them, it becomes a pain when you have to look at something for reference etcetera without the scope, put classes on take glasses of!!, I use mine with glasses all the time no problem, you still adjust the eye pieces as mention. You won't be disappointed it is a great scope.
Cheers.
Richard
Thanks Richard.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
"the A60 eyepieces have the rubber ring for eyeglass wearers, I'm just wondering if it actually works. Thanks."

Yes they work well.
Richard

wdale.bass

With my tax refund on it's way from the IRS (some day) I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Leica A60. My only concern is that I wear eyeglasses and had to upgrade the eyepieces on my old Olympus to what they call "high eyepoint" eyepieces to allow me to wear my glasses. Since the eyepieces on the A60 are part of the head you get what you get. For those of you that have the A60 and wear eyeglasses while working do you have any issues or is it a pain to deal with?
swear my glasses even under my Leica 60,just adjust the lenses with your glasses on. works fine for me & Im under that scope about 6-8 hours a day.just a hassle putting em on & taking them off.

Ronald Scott

Should you make the decision to get an A60, keep me in mind. I have a mint scope with accessories that is priced about $400.00 less than new.

Sponsors