Lighting on Microscopes

416Rigby

Hello Forum,

I had a question about lighting on the Microscopes with the Acrobat 003-630.
Are there different wattage lights, or LED's new on the market that would make 54 yr old eyes not strain as much?
Another thought was, the change of color of light that the bulb is emitting?
Regards,

Ron

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
I have a light made by Leonardo Di Benedetto in Argentina. It's an expensive, but truly excellent light. I've actually taken it apart, and Leonardo uses an ingenious diffusion strategy which creates a bright clear diffused light similar to sunlight on a bright cloudy day. No shadows, no bright or dark spots, with pushbutton adjustable brightness.

Perhaps Leonardo would like to provide details?

416Rigby

Thank you for the recommendation.
That would be really nice for going from the glare doing Bright Cut work on Sterling,
down to a darker, more flat color like Chinese White, or a French Gray.
I did a search for the microscope light by Leonardo Di Benedetto, but didn't come up with anything.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i got one of leonardos' scope lights as did the gold jockey. pricey, but nice on the eyes.
Thank you for the recommendation.
That would be really nice for going from the glare doing Bright Cut work on Sterling,
down to a darker, more flat color like Chinese White, or a French Gray.
I did a search for the microscope light by Leonardo Di Benedetto, but didn't come up with anything.
i cant say for sure, but he may have discontinued creating his lights. keep tryin to connect with him. he may still be producing them. there's more work in their creation than one would think.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi there!
First, Michele and Monk, thank you very much for your nice comments and feedback on my ring light. Really much appreciated.

Unfortunately I sold the last unit that I had in stock by March or so but I am working in a totally new development that I hope I will be able to release along the first quarter of 2022.
Pandemic and terrible economics problems affecting my Country delayed my project so much.

Anyway I am working hard and the new microscope light will be, I think, even better than the old model. I added a bit sophisticated microprocessor control to be able to play with lights and shadows, also it will be available in cold white and warm withe (6500 K and 3500 K temperature colors). The old model is 6500 K only.
I just beg you all a bit more of patience...

Hope the next year will be better for all of us!

All the very best,
Leonardo

416Rigby

Thanks everyone for the help, and the reply by Leonardo. "I've been riding the eye sight bus for a long time", according to the eye doctor. LOL.
I Finally had to start wearing reading glasses after these all these years. I've been playing with adding some satellite lighting around to help with shadows, and the bright spotlight glare that you sometimes get.

Hope to try Leonardo's Light system, when he gets his new finished upgraded design out for sale.
Any other tips that Fellow engravers have had luck with?

Latest posts

Sponsors