Limestone morning glory garland

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
When I was first training in Italy many of the shops had Ingersol's that the U.S. Army left behind after the war. Solid, reliable compressors, the shops resisted replacing or upgrading and kept those going as long as they could.
fwiw, i only changed the oil in the beast2 or 3 times. virtually ignoring all that should be done to keep it running.

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
fwiw, i only changed the oil in the beast2 or 3 times. virtually ignoring all that should be done to keep it running.
I was once involved in a 45 minute argument in a shop in Italy. I wanted them to drain the tank regularly; 80 gallon tank, must have had 50 or 60 gallons of greasy water in it (from humidity in the air) so water would drip and spray out of the hoses and onto the marble, carvers would spend a few minutes every hour spraying air to clear the hoses. But the drain was hard to reach, I wanted them to run to the store, get a couple pipe fittings and extensions so the drain would be accessible. Also, if they kept it drained, the compressor wouldn't run so constantly since it effectively had a 30 gallon tank, not an 80 gallon tank.

Two Italians owned the shop, the one who would have to do the work resisted, the one who ran the office and paid the bills agreed with me. Screaming argument for 45 minutes (less time than it would have taken to run to the store and return and start fitting the bits), in the end nothing was done.

Checked a few years later, still nothing had been done.

:shock::D:shock::hammerchisel:

Sponsors